Options

Trying a Hockey Shot

RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited January 14, 2012 in Sports
This arena has pretty decent lighting, From a recent High School Varsity game.

6642967105_209c22d346_z.jpg

Thoughts?
Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
Canon speedlights and Alien Bees

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2012
    Looks pretty nice. In terms of composition one of the things that I think could be improved on is the fact that the bodies of the players are medling into each other. You never really see a whole person. It appears that #21 is an odd growth coming from between his legs. However in terms of getting the exposure crisp it is definitely very nice. I understand how hard it can be to portray hockey well, I am about to post a bunch of mine. Which have lots of room for improvement.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Thanks!

This "Barn" is pretty large and very old with a ton of History. The drawback is really that the One good vantage point to shoot from in way up near the roof, The press box. It's nice because your up over the glass mostly but your also looking down on everything. There are a couple other places I like to shoot from but then I'm in parents sight lines, yeah not good.

I see what you mean about Stacked players and hadn't given that much consideration, I will now though.
    Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
    50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
    Canon speedlights and Alien Bees
  • Options
    hockeyfan051hockeyfan051 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 14, 2012
    I think its pretty good. One of the tough things about shooting hockey is the players are all over the place. One way to overcome this is to shoot a series of shots and hopefully you get the one you are looking for. Shooting from up above gives you a nice perspective. Well done.