Options

Wild meets the city

YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
edited January 18, 2012 in Wildlife
Shot this one a few days ago.
Was standing atop my neighbor's garage looking at some doves, I suppose the intentions were to have a good meal.
My neighbor's wife urged me to take the camera so, I took the picture.
C&C welcome as usual.:beer

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Good catch. The comp would have been more effective with your subject more to frame left.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2012
    Thanks Harry.
    Good advise.
    Ythumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    Good catch. The comp would have been more effective with your subject more to frame left.

Will this one meet that criteria?
    Is it more effective now?

Thanks.
    Ybeer.gif
  • Options
    eyedigloveeyediglove Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 10, 2012
    Curious
    Harryb wrote: »

I'm new to wildlife photography - why better to the left? Is there a rule about this?
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    eyediglove wrote: »
    I'm new to wildlife photography - why better to the left? Is there a rule about this?

In life, many of us live by rules and regulations, photography is no exception at all.
    You got the rule of thirds, also giving more room in front of the subject, etc.etc........
    Now, sometimes you have no choice other than to break the rules.
    In this case, I was lucky the picture I took had enough room to crop the other way, showing more @ the front, just like the bird will move into that direction, I will say, looks more natural.
    For the record, this is my point of view and might not be coincident with other more experienced photographers.ne_nau.gifdunno