CH 50 : A Splash of Colour in the Bush

JesmolJesmol Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited October 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this one capture the "theme" a little better ?

This is a Ringneck parrot , about the only thing that wasn't brown of grey in the whole of the Flinders Ranges.

Comments

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2005
    I like the sharp focus on the bird and the blurred background. I does show a spot of color, but it's very subtle. Sometimes nature's colors are just brown.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Don't tell the Tourist Commission -
    "... the only thing that wasn't brown of grey in the whole of the Flinders Ranges".

Yes I looked out into the neighbour's little forest today - forty shades of green but nothing else except a light brown kookaburra on a light brown branch. I know colours of nature are often like that, only don't think it is what the judges will be looking for. I like your ringneck shot, we don't get them here in the Dandenongs. (And your wedgetail - lucky: if we see one way overhead, it is just on its way to some flat country somewhere).
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    I think you've got a shot with some good color that just needs to be brought out a little more. You can add some saturation for richer color and levels or curves to adjust the contrast. I think you'll be much more pleased with the result.