Then....and now. Winter's changes.

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited January 7, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
One of my favorite walks shown during full Fall colors on a misty morning.

242314895_Vk2Ls-X2.jpg

The same scene during the grip of Winter. As the girl in shorts came by me, I kidded her about being Wonder Woman. I mean it was COLD that day.

mountains-12-11-133-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Noticably a different world.
    Anybody can do it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Howdy Tom,

I have to say that is my Favorite image that you've posted.

Looks cold and damp in the second one, I guess you can tell

Winter and Cold Weather is not my Favorite Season :D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Definitely get two different feelings when looking at these. First one has a much calmer feeling to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 7, 2012
    Very nice duo, Tom. The reds have migrated from the leaves to the jacket. I like it.
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    That fall shot is absolutely beautiful. And I feel your pain with the winter one. Not a fan of cold and damp :)
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    wfeller wrote: »
    Noticably a different world.

Hi Walter,

Different, for sure. Thanks for the visit.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    I can see why that would be a favored walk. Nicely done! Doesn't look much like Florida, though! mwink.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited January 7, 2012
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Tom,

I have to say that is my Favorite image that you've posted.

Looks cold and damp in the second one, I guess you can tell

Winter and Cold Weather is not my Favorite Season :D:D:D

I have to agree with you, Craig. The Fall shot....and perhaps one other from the same series....is probably my favorite of all the shots I've ever taken. Kind of shows you what role luck can play in our photography....catching the right elements and terrific light at play at the same time.

You and Karen stay warm and safe,

Tom
    edited January 7, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Definitely get two different feelings when looking at these. First one has a much calmer feeling to it.

Howdy Mary,

I've never much thought about it but I think your observation is spot on. Winter scenes do, I think, project a tenseness that other season's pictures might be lacking.

You and Santa stay warm up there,

Tom
    edited January 7, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Very nice duo, Tom. The reds have migrated from the leaves to the jacket. I like it.

Yo Richard,

Once again, you show an eye for detail and interpretation that few share with you. I, too, drew some parallel in the shift of red to the jacket. At the time I was taking the shot, I thought " how propitious " that her jacket is red.

Be well, my friend,

Tom
    edited January 7, 2012
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    That fall shot is absolutely beautiful. And I feel your pain with the winter one. Not a fan of cold and damp :)

Hi Ceci,

Thanks for the nice comment.

I hadn't planned on taking this shot at this particular time.....but the idea of the comparative pictures was something I intended to do. When I saw the two hikers in the Winter scene coming along, and wanting a parallel to the two hikers in the Fall scene, I quickly ran to the car to get my camera. I wasn't really appropriately dressed to be outside for very long and I began to have visions of the local paper's headline the next day....." Crazy Florida Man Freezes To Death While Taking Winter Pictures In A T-Shirt ".

Take care,

Tom
    edited January 7, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    I can see why that would be a favored walk. Nicely done! Doesn't look much like Florida, though! mwink.gif

Hi David,

What a pleasure to have you drop by.

Well, I see I can't fool such a sharp-eyed devil as you.:D This site is Bass Lake, located on the stunning Moses Cone Estate, which is very close to Blowing Rock, NC. It's a little over one mile around the lake and I'm usually good for about 3 or 4 laps before I cry " uncle ".

I appreciate your support,

Tom
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Nice shots Tom

That's a great series concept for stills

Good work
    Rags
    edited January 7, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Nice shots Tom

That's a great series concept for stills

Good work

Thanks, Rags, for your support. It means a lot to me.

Be well,

Tom
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Nice combination, Tom. I'm glad you pulled out that fall shot again--it's definitely one of my favorites of yours! :D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com