Options

DSS #93 (Old or New) Try #2

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited January 7, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this work for "New" in this challenge? C&C is welcome & appreciated.

New Growth

P1070770newgrowth1-XL.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    edited January 6, 2012
    Anyone think this is ok for the "new" part of the challenge? I'm going cross-eyed staring at it trying to decide if I should keep it or toss it out. eek7.gifscratch
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    The subject matter would work I think... but it's a bit busy and cluttered to me. Also, focus is off I think. Maybe a different angle or ???
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    The subject matter would work I think... but it's a bit busy and cluttered to me. Also, focus is off I think. Maybe a different angle or ???

well ... I desaturated the surrounding leaves already and it's the best I'm going to get as far as focus goes. I must have taken a ridiculous amount of shots of the same thing and couldn't get it in focus no matter what setting I used. That was the sharpest image I had. I don't know what the heck is wrong that I can't get a decent sharp image of that plant. I'm even using my mini-tripod. I'm ready to throw in the towel for this challenge. Everyone is doing "old" and I can't think of anything else to do that is "new".
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    I've had shoots like that... but, you've still got some time... maybe something will come to you. I was going to try "new" but I gave up and went with "old" cause it was easier to convey, for me at least.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I've had shoots like that... but, you've still got some time... maybe something will come to you. I was going to try "new" but I gave up and went with "old" cause it was easier to convey, for me at least.

There's already so many great *old* shots, though. I know anything I would do wouldn't come close to standing out. I'll keep thinking on it. I just wish I could figure out why I can't get a great clearer shot of these plant leaves. I've tried every setting on that camera that I know to try.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)