2011 Collection

StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
edited January 8, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I want to thank so many of you for sharing the best of your 2011. I decided I'd it too. I did a 2010 collection for my family, but had not made any choices with regards to this year. It was fun to go through my shots! I discovered that it was a strange year for me...but I'll share my eclectic jumble with you anyway...

You'll see that my photographic life mostly revolves around family and the things (and creatures) in my backyard. A bit pedestrian, perhaps, but a joy for me and, I hope, a fairly rich source of images.

Now the caveat: I decided to see if I could figure out how to make a slideshow in LR and post it to my smugmug account...and then post it here. If this doesn't work, let me know! (And apologies in advance!)

Here it is. Enjoy! And may you all have a great new year!

P.S. Yes, I cheated. The very last image is from January 1, 2012. But I like it, so in it went.

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Your link is broken. :(
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    Your link is broken. :(

Darn. Sorry. Seemed to work at both my office and home.

Okay...I'll try the link to the gallery. (I'm going to have to change the preview image later...SM did not choose the one I would!)
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    That worked. Really great shots!! Really liked the music too.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Nice selections... and the Irish music worked really well! I really like #15 (I think - the yellow and orange daisies) and #19 (the camping shot into the morning sun) and 26 - the yellow brown hills. Thanks for sharing them.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 7, 2012
    Love the warmth of your images and the energy of the music! Jumped over to your Yellowstone 2011 to see more of the camping shots. Fun to see the others as well as the two (or more) that made it into your collection for the year. Thanks for sharing these!
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Love this! The music, the mix of creative and memory on the shot selections. Terrific end of year retrospect.
    I LOVE the portrait of the young man with the red bow tie. Hopefully that sits printed and framed somewhere in your home.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    I really enjoyed watching this! I especially like the animal & kid shots.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Thank you, everyone, for your comments. I'm relieved that the video worked for some of you...seemed to run in fits and starts on some of my gadgets at home.

PedalGirl, thanks for persevering! :)

Bill, the Irish music was chosen out of deference to my youngest son...that violin he was playing the second shot is used for his Celtic fiddle lessons. We hear a lot of beautiful Irish and other folk tunes around here. I'm glad you liked the hill shot (can't believe you counted the pictures!). It is a shot of the Painted Hills in the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument in Oregon.

sapphire73, thank you for taking the time to look at the Yellowstone gallery. I'm sure you didn't have time to notice, but a significant number of the shots in that gallery were taken by my 14 year old son, who was using a DSLR in manual or priority settings for the first time. I was proud of him!

Froch, thanks for the comments...I'm glad you liked the red bow tie shot. I love it also and I know it was an effective shot for family and friends, but to have you respond to it warms my heart. My son was dressed such on Halloween...I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone can identify his costume!

Kate, thank you for looking and commenting! I do love taking pictures of both kids and animals. One of my favorite shots of the year was of my new nephew, the young boy in the blue plaid shirt. I suspect he and his sisters may be favorite subjects for some time to come!
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Sure loved visiting your site today! It is a joy to find other people in this world who so actively seek beauty in the simple things in life. Your photos express this quest quite well, I think.