Options

DSS#93 Decision Time

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited January 8, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've narrowed my choices down to two, but still can't decide which to enter for the current challenge (Old or New). I like each for its own merits but could use your help. Also, if you can think of a better title for either that would be great too. Thanks in advance.

Past Prime
2012010701-L.jpg

Shelter
2012010703-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.
— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    For the bottom image: One Hole, No Door.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited January 7, 2012
    Yes, I was definitely thinking out house when I saw #2. Not sure it says "old" if titled shelter though. The subject in #1 has potential but it would be great to see it from a different, lower angle.
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    I prefer #1. I wish you were a little more straight on the skull. But I like the textures in this photo.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I took your suggestions and went back for a reshoot. This is what I have entered.

Past Prime
    2012010801-L.jpg

Oh, and the shelter, it's not an outhouse but actually a bus stop shelter. Probably a school bus stop shelter for the kids that live(d) in the house just out of frame to the right. I doubt if it has been used at all recently. The bench on the inside has completely fallen apart. Thanks again.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited January 8, 2012
    KevXman wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I took your suggestions and went back for a reshoot.

Oh, and the shelter, it's not an outhouse but actually a bus stop shelter. Probably a school bus stop shelter for the kids that live(d) in the house just out of frame to the right. I doubt if it has been used at all recently. The bench on the inside has completely fallen apart. Thanks again.
    — Kevin

Looks good. I like being able to see a bit more of the eye sockets in this one. And I figured that the shelter had another use because of its position outside the fence, but bears a resemblance to outhouses I've seen in more remote parts of Africa. :D

Gretchen