My take on 2011

red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
edited January 8, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
2011 was an interesting year for me. I haven't been nearly as active, especially in the last half of the year, but there are still a number that I like very well.

http://jqmello.smugmug.com/Photography/Best-of-2011/

I've been checking out others' 2011 galleries - some amazing shots! I'll try to leave some comments soon, but no promises - I'm trying to get our first investment property finished so we can list it... one crazy month... it'd be good for a "New" shot, but it seems like I can hardly spare a second when I'm there!

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2012
    Really wonderful shots! I think my favorites are the Statue Of Liberty and the back yard party.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Thank you for sharing! It is a great collection. I, too, favor the backyard party...magical!
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Thanks for the comments!

I was a little disappointed by the yellow cast in the backyard party pictures, but when I try to get color neutral in post the lights turn blue... but I'm very happy with the vantage from the porch roof!
    DSC8781-L.jpg
    Fun stuff!
    I love the frog on the hood of the car.
    I love how you controlled me in that frame! My eyes drawn to the text of the sign, then my brain trying to figure out why is this out of focus....then discovering the frog!
    Fun!

**check that....Lizard. Thanks Gretchen
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 8, 2012
    Love the light and colors in the 4th image in this gallery! Gorgeous! The backyard party and the lizard are also among my favorites. Thanks for sharing these with us!