Suggestions for gallery style hanging method?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited January 8, 2012 in The Big Picture
Our local art association uses a very simple hanging method that I was hoping to replicate at home. There is a long track running near the ceiling with a 'lip' if you will at the bottom. A long metallic rod (well, it's flat so not really a rod) hooks on there and can bo moved in the horizontal plane. Hooks are then added to the 'rod' and adjusted to the correct height with a simple thumb screw to tighten.

I was hoping to replicate this hanging system in my office. This way, I don't need to nail into the wall and re-nail if I get different sized frames. I found this system that seems very close (and better) than what the art association uses:

http://www.gallerysystem.com/

Any thoughts on this system or an alternative?
Thanks

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    A few years ago I bought a rail hanging system and I like it. I little pricey but works well. for some reason I can't find the exact system or the company O bought it from. headscratch.gif

Sam
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    You could do the same thing with molding. Might be cheaper, might look better (depending on the style of your office).
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    I have white walls and the top rail is white aluminum in a J shape. It is 3/4" tall and protrudes a 1/4" out from the wall. Blends right in, and the cost was comparable or less than wood molding.

Sam