New to PS, please critique USM attempt

eyesmileseyesmiles Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited October 28, 2005 in Finishing School
I am trialing the csII for 30 days. (I'm on day 3). I am learning so much from this forum along with others. This is a shot I played with and need honest critique on my post production skills. I shot this in a shadow near dusk so it was originally quite blue (forgot to change the WB on camera). I played with curves and levels but am still having problems with the sweater. How would you warm it up other than curves (I think I might have used the 81A filter on just the sweater.)

Also, I made a feeble attempt at the sharpening technique described in the tutorial here (part 1). What do you think? Too much noise still? Halos still too large? Please be honest-you won't hurt my feelings.

I am also new to smugmug and all the post production stuff as I just got a dig Rebel a couple months ago.

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Hiya Laura wave.gif

Your shot looks pretty good to me! The sharpening may be a little too strong for my tastes, but I'm usually pretty conservative when it comes to sharpening.
  • RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Looks good to me. It may be easier to critique if you had a larger view though.

Welcome to Dgrin!
  • eyesmileseyesmiles Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Looks good to me. It may be easier to critique if you had a larger view though.

Welcome to Dgrin!
    Thanks. I tried to make it bigger but had to keep downsizing it because dgrin rejected it for upload due to being too large. How do I make it bigger without rejection?