The old barn and the Nikon V1

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 10, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I went out to our old barn with the Manfrotto tripod, Nikon V1 and 10-30mm. I just love this little camera. The files are easy to work with in Lightroom. The image quality is very nice. The colors are just to my liking. Sure, I'd love P,A,S, M on the mode dial, but I'm telling you, I really love this camera anyway! My poor D700 is surely feeling neglected. What?...I'd grab my V1 instead of the D700 on many occasions?...sure. I would and I do. Burn me at the stake for saying this, but it's a 'fun' camera to use. No doubt. At the end of the day it's all about what my photos look like, and with the V1, I'm finding myself very happy lately. Thanks, Nikon. You got it (mostly) right. On version two, you do need to fix the mode dial and give us more customization options. But for now, I'm very, very happy.

Edited various ways in Lightroom...

i-sbSHTGt-L.jpg

i-BmcfpGk-L.jpg

i-4SdXq4B-L.jpg

i-prqszb2-L.jpg

i-Dw8tJLZ-L.jpg

i-sWCpFrq-L.jpg

i-GVbk3b6-L.jpg

i-WwmRbfP-L.jpg

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Well those look good. I'm expecting mine on the 13th.

I'm going to try shooting surfing with a 70/200 +2XEIII (with a 2.7 - I can hardly wait)

I believe the knock is too long a DOF

Good luck with it
    Rags
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Nice shots! I understand your sense of guilt, although you seem to have it under control... :D
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Thanks :-) I won't be buying the FT1 adapter. I want to keep the camera small. Its intended purpose is for family outings, light vacation stuff and other misc stuff where I don't care about having D700 image quality. It's still very good though. I have an ISO series of photos here. You can check the ISO 6400 shots for yourself and see what I mean when I say it's good.

ISO Series Photos:
    http://www.openbloom.com/Other/Nikon-V1-ISO-Test/19658418_fpQQ6w#!i=1576014740&k=vN62s9d