Welcome to our newest moderator JAG (Joyce)

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited January 13, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please help me welcome our newest DSS challenge moderator JAG

JAG (Joyce Martin) is an amazing artist and has been part of the challenges right from the beginning of DSS. You might remember some of her winning images:

1st Place in round #5 Primary or Pastel
355076470_gB2Py-L-1.jpg

4th Place in round #18 High Key or Low Key
499948341_YJjYP-L.jpg

1st Place in round #34 (Inside Out or Upside Down)
660402975_o5QVu-L.jpg

1st Place in round #66 (Silver or Gold)
1132120329_xxRPK-L.jpg

and most recently.

3rd Place in round #85 (Orton Inspiration)
1469675820_Hs3K753-L.jpg

It has been almost two years since I took over for Llywellyn. Late last year I asked Joyce if she would be willing to take over for me, she graciously accepted. I will still be hanging around to be her backup and help out where needed we will work together to try and make sure we bring you the same or better DSS challenges for 2012 and beyond.

For round #94 and the upcoming mega challenge, Joyce and I will be working together and I will be showing her the "ropes", so if you see something out of the ordinary you can always let us know so we can fix it right away.

I really want to thank Joyce for coming on board to help out.

Here is to a new year and some fresh ideas JAG style!

P.S. while your welcoming JAG don't forget to check out her "2011 faves" here

Comments

• sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Welcome, Joyce! Sean, I'm sure you'll do just a good of a job showing her the ropes as you have done enlightening us all with your challenge rounds.....
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Outstanding!! Looking forward to your challenges Joyce!

Sean, you have been amazing. Sorry to see you step away, but I've wondered at what point you'd need to pass the responsibility and free up a portion of your life. I am a fan, and will stop in to your gals from time to time to say hello. Don't be a stranger.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Welcome and congrats Joyce! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Thank you Sean for all of the effort in bringing us interesting and challenging themes. I know I've learned a lot in the short time that I've been a part of the DSS challenges, so again, thank you.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Welcome Joyce, I know you will be a wonderful mod!

Sean, Sad you see you leave the position but so appreciate the challenges you have thrown our way. You have made us think and work hard. Thank you!
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Just to be clear I am still hanging out to be JAG's backup and take over when she needs a break. :Dthumb.gif
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 8, 2012
    Joyce, thank you for your willingness to serve as moderator. I'm sure you'll come up with some interesting challenges for us! (Glad Sean is willing to be your back up when the need arises.)

Sean, I feel like I've learned a lot over the past year. I've tried so many new techniques (in camera and post-processing) and the challenges have kept me out there shooting on a regular basis. Landscapes are my comfort zone, and the challenges have helped me stretch a bit. Your challenges have been inspiring, your responses timely and to the point, and your kind patience with newbies admirable. Thanks for all you have done for us and for your willingness to spell Joyce when she needs a break.

Here's to Joyce and Sean! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Gretchen
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since you became moderator, Sean. Thanks for wonderful challenges!

Welcome, Joyce! I look forward to the challenges you present.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Congrats, welcome and THANKS!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 9, 2012
    Thank you all for your welcomes! As Sean has reminded, he is not going anywhere, just going to be the back up when needed. I think this system will work well for this board. That way there is always a back up! I have loads of theme ideas that I hope will stimulate the creative side of you all.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Congrats, Joyce! Well done, Sean!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Wow,.... Welcome Joyce - I'm really happy to see you here! clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    sherstone wrote: »
    Just to be clear I am still hanging out to be JAG's backup and take over when she needs a break. :Dthumb.gif

Sounds like you speak from experience on how much work Moderating the Challenges is.

Congratulations to you Sean for taking the Challenges to new paths and opening new vistas.

Welcome Joyce! I well remember your winning imagery and just like Seans' and so many others works, I have been blown away by them!
    tom wise
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Welcome Joyce!
    Thank you so much, Sean!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Welcome Joyce! A great addition, and Sean, I echo everyone in thanking you!
    edited January 9, 2012
    Again, thank you all for your welcomes!
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Weighing in to welcome Joyce and to thank Sean for creative challenges and dedication. As a relative newcomer I feel the challenges have given my photography a huge boost and I am grateful for the forum's guidance and inspiration. Looking forward to the 2012 challenges. GP
  • CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Great choice! I have always enjoyed your style and eye Joyce!

thumb.gif
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Wow! Step away for a few days and look at this!

Sean - you've been great and I'll really miss your input/advice/ideas!

Joyce - I'm sure you'll do a great job - hop to it!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Sean...you have been an awesome mentor. Profuse thanks for all you do for us.

Joyce... I have no doubts about your success and the new moderator. Thanks for picking up the gauntlet.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Welcome Joyce! Thanks for stepping up!

Sean, I've been hanging around for little more than a year and really appreciate the consistent moderation and interesting themes. Thanks for a fun year, full of new challenges and learning!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    congrats and thank. yous
    How awesome for you Joyce. Congratulations to you also. I am sure you will do a great job.

Of course Sean I am so thankful for all your help and challenges. Thank you for helping to expand our minds.

Peace always, gail
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Not sure if congratulations are in order Joyce, considering the time and effort that Mods put in. Maybe the rest of us should be congratulating ourselves for having someone of your caliber running the show. thumb.gif Can't wait to see what themes you come up with to challenge us. Thank you Sean for everything that you have done, and still do, for us.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    15524779-Ti.gifCongrats anyway Joyce! Your Orton Sunflower is one of my all-time favs! Looking forward to having fun playing with your challenge themes, as I have with Sean's. A well deserved thank you to Sean for all the great themes & the consistently helpful & fair responses to our many questions ~ you have served us well!! Also glad you'll still be around - your examples in the Angles or Shapes entry thread are awesome!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    Hi all!
    After reading Lillian's post I'm afraid that my post might have been taken the wrong way by some. I was trying to be a little goofy when saying that I wasn't sure if congratulations were in order for Joyce. I am extremely happy that Joyce has graceously volunteered to take the reins of the DSS challenges! I was just trying to make a joke about how much time and effort the Mods put in so that the rest of us here have such a wonderful place to share and learn about photography. I am really looking forward to seeing what Joyce has in store for us.

Congrats Joyce! I am sure that you already know how much I like your images and how much I appreciate the effort and input that you already give to this forum. iloveyou.gif I really do look forward to your challenges.

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    KevXman wrote: »
    Hi all!
    After reading Lillian's post I'm afraid that my post might have been taken the wrong way by some. I was trying to be a little goofy when saying that I wasn't sure if congratulations were in order for Joyce. I am extremely happy that Joyce has graceously volunteered to take the reins of the DSS challenges! I was just trying to make a joke about how much time and effort the Mods put in so that the rest of us here have such a wonderful place to share and learn about photography. I am really looking forward to seeing what Joyce has in store for us.

Congrats Joyce! I am sure that you already know how much I like your images and how much I appreciate the effort and input that you already give to this forum. iloveyou.gif I really do look forward to your challenges.

— Kevin

Must be me, I completely understood your post. :D
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    That was just my attempt to carry on the goofiness - "not sure if congrats are in order [because of all the work], but congrats anyway" was what I was thinking.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
    edited January 13, 2012
    KevXman wrote: »
    Hi all!

— Kevin

I didn't take it wrong! Thanks for the compliments. I am sorry I didn't respond earlier when I saw your and Lillian's post. Was on my phone at the time and its hard to type out on that thing!thumb.gif