Options

Question about distributer in Patapsco Ave. Baltimore

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 10, 2012 in The Big Picture
Hello guys... can anyone confirm or check authenticity of this store? some Pakistani friends want to buy camera stuff from him and he is asking 2000$ for 5dmk2 and says he can carry for them to Pakistan. i think he is from Pakistani origin thats why popular in pakistani groups but i wonder if it could be a fraud.

http://www.kashmirdistributors.com/
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Hello guys... can anyone confirm or check authenticity of this store? some Pakistani friends want to buy camera stuff from him and he is asking 2000$ for 5dmk2 and says he can carry for them to Pakistan. i think he is from Pakistani origin thats why popular in pakistani groups but i wonder if it could be a fraud.

http://www.kashmirdistributors.com/

Awais, I would suggest unless someone knows him personally and can vouch for him personally, there is no way to be assured.
    tom wise
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Awais,

After visiting his web site I get the impression he is a merchant buying and selling anything he can. I sense he is using his Pakistani connections and language knowledge to leverage trust and foster business with you.

The main issue that I see is that even if he is totally honest and reliable he doesn't demonstrate any experience with camera gear. The current cost for a new Canon 5D II is between $2200.00 and $2300.00 US. Used units are of course less. Is he offering new or used? IF used how is he going to test and evaluate the condition? Will he know if all the items included with a new camera are with the used camera? How is he going to buy, deliver to Pakistan, and sell 5D II to you and make a profit?

Plus if I understand it getting camera bodies and gear repaired in Pakistan is not nearly as easy as it is here in the US, so I would think buying new from a reputable, knowledgeable company even if the advertized price is a little higher would be the best and safest course.

Sam
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    I gave same advice to them... thanks guys
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery