rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited January 9, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
My choices for entry this round...

The Fruits of Last Years Sun...
2012-01-36-M.jpg

2012-01-33-M.jpg

2012-01-31-M.jpg

2012-01-32-M.jpg

I would love to hear your opinions; I really haven't had a chance to see everyones work or even edit the other shots I went out and took, but this series spoke to me ...

Comments

• kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    I like all the colors and textures in #1.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 9, 2012
    Leaning toward #2 and then #1. Lots going on in #1. Wonder what it would look like with a smidgin cropped from the bottom if you go with #1?
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    There is some great texture in the bricks and the wood in the BG. Having both draws the eye away from the main subject. I like #2 best. Having only the wood in the BG and a closer view of the fruit makes it more about the fruit.

If you can pump up the texture in the tracks, I might like it better, but as they stand now, I like the fruit better.
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 9, 2012
    Your pictures are just beautiful. I love the contrast of the different colors together. The coloration of the wall alone is just beautiful, but the berries and branches make it pop.