Julia (9 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited October 31, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
I promised her to take some photos... but first rain started then I had no time... so at last we did it...
3148.jpg
An attempt to use direct sunlight and make it work for me...
3151.jpg
Its a try of ... 'cover' shot or a photo for magazine...
3149.jpg
Discovering poses... She has long, beautiful legs which I tried to underline here... Did this work?
3152.jpg
Small trick - when I asked her to put her face a bit down an crease (not sure its a right word) appeared at her chin- so I asked her to use scarf...
3150.jpg
One of the rare photos when my model doesnt look right into the camera... And also this color...
3153.jpg
All Russians here will say 'Open your face, Gulchatai' - a phrase from a very popular film 'The white sun of the desert'...

3154.jpg
I was waiting for some time for this man on the left to appear in a frame...
(Most of time I use viefinder - right eye and open my left one to see whats going on around... - another trick...)

3155.jpg
Maybe too zoomed in PS... - just for fun...

3156.jpg
Harry's effect used here (copy layer/multiply blending mode/blur->Gaussian blur). Maybe too dark?

So your thoughts, critique and comments, please...
And ... wish you good weekend...

Comments

• tinbashertinbasher Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Yuri,

I love 2,4,6...those eyes could cut a hole through granite!! I find myself looking behind me (as to say "are you looking at me, or someone else") when I view some of your models as there eyes are so riviting! Very "Classy" model, and you have once again brought out the beauty of photography!!

Have a great weekend aswell!

Cheers, Tony
    If a tree falls in the forest...did anyone get a picture of it?
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    First of all: congratulations on these wonderfull pictures!

To me, the black and white ones are the best, especially #2.
    I love the expression on the pink tinted one!
    To me, the man on the bike is somewhat distracting. He would be better withour the woman, or, the woman would be better without him.
    Just my personal opinion, of course. :):

I find that she also looks a bit 'unbalanced' in this image. I hope I can explain what I mean. Its because her coat looks so huge, and her legs so thin. This reminds me of a big bird: a ball of feathers, and 2 sticks coming out of it. :D

I don't like her boots, they look cheap to me. Again, just a highly personal remark!

# 8 is crazy! I get dizzy when I try to look at that! Really, it looks to me as if the Picturee would move back an forth.. rolleyes1.gif

When I look on the first picture I want to ask you if you did a lot of postprocessing. It looks to me as if you created that picture out of several exposures developed from a RAW file. Am I right?
    Because your model is perfectly exposed, and the part of the background where the sun hits the wall is very bright.

Regards,
    Andreas
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Nordic wrote:
    First of all: congratulations on these wonderfull pictures!

To me, the black and white ones are the best, especially #2.
    I love the expression on the pink tinted one!
    To me, the man on the bike is somewhat distracting. He would be better withour the woman, or, the woman would be better without him.
    Just my personal opinion, of course. :):

I find that she also looks a bit 'unbalanced' in this image. I hope I can explain what I mean. Its because her coat looks so huge, and her legs so thin. This reminds me of a big bird: a ball of feathers, and 2 sticks coming out of it. :D

I don't like her boots, they look cheap to me. Again, just a highly personal remark!

# 8 is crazy! I get dizzy when I try to look at that! Really, it looks to me as if the Picturee would move back an forth.. rolleyes1.gif

When I look on the first picture I want to ask you if you did a lot of postprocessing. It looks to me as if you created that picture out of several exposures developed from a RAW file. Am I right?
    Because your model is perfectly exposed, and the part of the background where the sun hits the wall is very bright.

Regards,
    Andreas

Spasibo for your critique and comments, Andreas!
    I didnt do much on the first - just cropped it. I use my Sony F707 - it has no RAW ;-) Yes it was *that* sun light, I think...
    I looked for this background (strange building) long time before we went there...

Yes, she has very thin figure - so she didnt agree to put her coat off...

Cant agree with you about the man on a bicycle... I've made several shots of course, without him too...
    But I choose this one...

Spasibo again for your critique,
    Yuri
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Yuri, I like 4, 5 and 9 the best. Of course, they are all wonderful but those are the ones which stand out to me. The light in the first picture is lovely.

I like the man on the bicycle. I think he adds another element to the picture. Makes it feel more like a street shot rather than a portrait.

Lovely work as usualicon10.gifclap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Yuri,

Fantastic as always.

For me # 4 does it!

In # 7 the background, and bike are perfect. The models lege however seem to be at an odd angle, somewhat akward.

Just my thoughts, but again your work is an inspiration for me.

Keep it up.

Sam
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2005
    Once again, I'm just floored.

3153.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited October 28, 2005
    Rutt, I agree with you - you beat me to this post, but the color of her eyes is superb, and sorely missing from the B&Ws.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    #2 is absolutely perfect. wow.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Thanks to all !!!
    Spasibo vsem for your critique, comments amd replies!
    Yuri
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Spasibo for your critique and comments, Andreas!
    I didnt do much on the first - just cropped it. I use my Sony F707 - it has no RAW ;-) Yes it was *that* sun light, I think...
    I looked for this background (strange building) long time before we went there...

Yes, she has very thin figure - so she didnt agree to put her coat off...

Cant agree with you about the man on a bicycle... I've made several shots of course, without him too...
    But I choose this one...

Spasibo again for your critique,
    Yuri
    I see. :)
    Well, you really make that Sony shine!
    So you had very good natural light, and a very good eye for composition and background.
    I noticed that you have very nice, interessting backgrounds in all of your shots. This really adds a lot to your pictures.
    I'm never quite satisfied with the backgrounds I can find.
    I would love to hav access to an old factory full of brick walls and heavy machinery or something like that. :)

Regards,
    Andreas