Hockey: Something Different?

northcoastnorthcoast Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited January 10, 2012 in Sports
Every so often I try something different when shooting and I would like to share this one from last month. The other team just scored and this is one I took from the corner of the captain of my son's hockey team. You can see the goalie reaching in for the puck in the background. I decided to keep that part of the image too because it helps with the untold story without being overt...

PC114878-M.jpg

Comments are always welcome.

Best regards,
-Mark

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    I like the capture and the fact it is a little different. I agree with keeping the goalie but I am not sure it adds anything without a black blob for the puck. Still a good shot.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • northcoastnorthcoast Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    I like the capture and the fact it is a little different. I agree with keeping the goalie but I am not sure it adds anything without a black blob for the puck. Still a good shot.

Thank for the reply. Take another look and you'll notice that there is a black blob for the puck in the net about a third of the way from the left edge of the photo. :) I'm sure I could shop it a little dark for effect... ;-)
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    I think it's a wonderful shot of the boy, even without the context. The context just takes it to another level. Well done.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • northcoastnorthcoast Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Icebear wrote: »
    I think it's a wonderful shot of the boy, even without the context. The context just takes it to another level. Well done.

Thank you. I try to rememeber that some of the best moments aren't in game play at this age. And, it always isn't about winning but the lessons learned - both on the ice and off.