Options

Lightrom 4 Public Beta now live!

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 18, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4/

Just saw this on Google+!
New Features in Lightroom 4 Beta
Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.

Apparently I fail at putting this in the correct thread......

Comments

• Options
    yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Thanks for the info.
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • Options
    philsphotographyphilsphotography Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    There are some great YouTube videos on LR4, I am very excited about the 5 zone histogram. It looks like shadow adjustments, for example, are more confined to the shadow areas in the exposure. You can raise the exposure in shadows with minimal collateral damage to the other 4 zones. Same goes with highlights.

Phil
    Phil Forister
    www.philsphoto.com
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Welcome Softproofing, welcome more Video support and stuff I didn't knew I wanted (Fotobook designing and GPS Map Viewer) :D !

Michael Reichman has a nice video on his page taking a quick look at some of the new features here
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    30 Minute Video on Major Items in LR4
    http://terrywhite.com/techblog/archives/9454

Good video.
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    JimClarkJimClark Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    The Highlight and Shadow recovery is way better then in 3.0
    "Christianity, if false, is of no importance,
    and if true, of infinite importance. The only
    thing it cannot be is moderately
    important." C. S. Lewis
    http://www.photosbyjimclark.com/
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    Crap. Shoot. Durn. Fudge.

I don't want to have to pony up more $$ for LR, again. Seems like I just did it for v3. But softproofing and geolocation? Dagnabit.
  • Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    I just installed my software on a new laptop (MBP 15" with i7 quad core and the fast video :ivar) but the amount of serial numbers I had to enter ("this is an upgrade serial number, please also enter the serial number for the product that was upgraded" etc.) was wild. But I guess I'll be adding yet another serial number soon...

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    LR 4 has been amazing on the first image I tried it on. Like the defaults at zero including linear curve (similar the my Marc Muench preset I've used). Also, it has finally fixed the stutter/lag I had on cropping a tiff file (after bringing it back in from CS5). Makes me want to use it for real work and not just beta test it....
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    eoren1 wrote: »
    LR 4 has been amazing on the first image I tried it on. Like the defaults at zero including linear curve (similar the my Marc Muench preset I've used). Also, it has finally fixed the stutter/lag I had on cropping a tiff file (after bringing it back in from CS5). Makes me want to use it for real work and not just beta test it....

Looks like a shot across the bow at Aperture! Interesting to see what Apple fires back.

I like how Auto exposure only affects the exposure slider, instead of trying to manipulate the 4-5 sliders it used to.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    cmason wrote: »
    I don't want to have to pony up more $$ for LR, again.
    I don't think upgrading is mandatory, and LR 3.6 will never work less well for you than it does today! thumb.gif