For the "Rusties"

BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited January 12, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Found these at Peggy's Cove on the weekend.

DSC0151-L.jpg

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Thanks for thinking of us RUST JUNKIES. Generally speaking, you'll find that rust shots tend to come off better if they're treated as abstracts, rather than a part of a greater scene. When doing so, rust also responds exceptionally well to very agressive PP work. Excessive sharpening, saturation, contrast.....and anything else you can think of will bring out the character and hidden qualities of rust. Shooting rust is an addiction. Prepare yourself.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Yeah, the idea is to get close, something like the attached screen shot from your image. Then PP as black mamba says!

thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    Good points... thanks very much - I'll keep those in mind for the next shot and look forward to your comments on how I've improved - (think positive). I don't know how to use PP right now... it's on my learning list. As you can probably tell, 'm brand new at photography but growing every day.
    Thanks again
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    Thanks for thinking of us RUST JUNKIES. Generally speaking, you'll find that rust shots tend to come off better if they're treated as abstracts, rather than a part of a greater scene. When doing so, rust also responds exceptionally well to very agressive PP work. Excessive sharpening, saturation, contrast.....and anything else you can think of will bring out the character and hidden qualities of rust. Shooting rust is an addiction. Prepare yourself.

Tom

Hehehe... yup... high contrast is good
    Rags