Options

A few Soccer Shots from this week.

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited January 17, 2012 in Sports
Can anyone explain why IQ is much worse in the post than in Aperture?

i-3B9smTV-L.jpg

i-Nnm2ZFr-L.jpg

i-9nNL54G-L.jpg

i-sXNbChc-L.jpg

i-M5S4fV3-L.jpg

i-C4tB2Wx-L.jpg

i-PNPR4Qj-L.jpg

As always any CC is always welcome:D

Comments

• Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Jacobovs wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why IQ is much worse in the post than in Aperture?

No idea. But there is no reason to shoot your f2.8 glass at f2.8 on a sunny day. I prefer f3.2 or f3.5 for better IQ. mwink.gif
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    nipprdog wrote: »
    No idea. But there is no reason to shoot your f2.8 glass at f2.8 on a sunny day. I prefer f3.2 or f3.5 for better IQ. mwink.gif

Assuming this was shot with your 400/2.8, I don't think the lens aperture was responsible for the loss in IQ. I shoot at 2.8 during the day to get good isolation, and never have a problem with IQ (except the time the screws to the camera mount on the lens worked loose and I was getting some inadvertent tilt-shifting going on).

No idea why Aperture should make a difference, but I don't use it.

BTW Shal, I think I have met you in my professional capacity. I do early stage biotech, and think we met once in a partnering discussion...or maybe the JP Morgan conference. Small world.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Well done. ... thumb.gif

Super subject separation... CP?
    Rags
  • Options
    JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    jhefti wrote: »
    Assuming this was shot with your 400/2.8, I don't think the lens aperture was responsible for the loss in IQ. I shoot at 2.8 during the day to get good isolation, and never have a problem with IQ (except the time the screws to the camera mount on the lens worked loose and I was getting some inadvertent tilt-shifting going on).

No idea why Aperture should make a difference, but I don't use it.

BTW Shal, I think I have met you in my professional capacity. I do early stage biotech, and think we met once in a partnering discussion...or maybe the JP Morgan conference. Small world.

Small world indeed.:D