Options

Sharing the Trail

austinjamesaustinjames Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited January 13, 2012 in Wildlife
First post here: I was hiking up to Grinnell Glacier in Glacier National Park this past October and this Bighorn didn't want to get off the trail. We were on a rocky ledge and had no where to go...he past within feet of us and didn't seem overly bothered.
10.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Wow-- what an amazing experience! He does look like he owns the road. Congratulations on standing your ground to get such a good photo!!! Best, Pam
  • Options
    LindiweLindiwe Registered Users Posts: 606 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    I wouldn't have wanted to argue over right-of-way with those horns! Glad the 'passing' happened without incident. Congrats on capturing such a lovely image, too.
  • Options
    Colorado CJColorado CJ Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    That must have been an awesome experience! I've been close, but not THAT close. Great story and capture
  • Options
    ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    First post here: I was hiking up to Grinnell Glacier in Glacier National Park this past October and this Bighorn didn't want to get off the trail. We were on a rocky ledge and had no where to go...he past within feet of us and didn't seem overly bothered.
    10.jpg

Nice First Post, That must have made your day,
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    Welcome to Dgrin and that's a very good capture.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    Nice capture and I looked at the image and was wonderiung who was going to give the right of way here. Very neat story.