All around nubie!! a few of my 1st shots

DeputydawgDeputydawg Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited January 18, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Brand new here and to photography.. here are a few of my learning shots taken while playing around the yard.

IMG0220-M.jpg

IMG0311-S.jpgIMG0172-M.jpg

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Nice yard! Good clean images, looks like your on the right path.

Sam
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Welcome :D

I like the trunk photo the best thumb.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 15, 2012
    Welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice stuff. Looking forward to seeing more. thumb.gif
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Welcome! Nice shots! I think the type writer scene has lots of potentialmup close.
  • DeputydawgDeputydawg Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Thanks.. I have along way to go before I am at the quality of the photographs I have seen on here......up till this past Christmas..all I have known about taking a picture is, you point at it a press a button.. With my new camera and the few lenses I have picked up so far...I am really working and looking forward to learning how to take some real pictures !! ... I am not allowing myself to use the auto settings so it forces me to learn how to make the necessary adjustments and learn the affects of the different manual mode settings.. quite confusing....glad I don't have to pay for film development..!! Thanks for the support.. next purchase is a good software editor program.. currently I am using the free Canon program that came with the camera.
  • NealAddyNealAddy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Nice work! You've got "the eye". That's half the battle.

Welcome to the obsession! Sorry I contributed to your downfall. :D
  • DeputydawgDeputydawg Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    [QUOTE=NealAddy;

Welcome to the obsession! Sorry I contributed to your downfall. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol...please don't introduce me to anything else!! between the wood turning and now this.. My wife is about to make me sleep in the barn:D
  • NealAddyNealAddy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    And I was just about to tell you about the new hi-fi system I put together over the holidays. But maybe I better not. That slippery slope makes photography look cheap. rolleyes1.gif

For those who don't know, DeputyDawg is a heck of a woodturner. Hopefully he'll share pics of some of his work.
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    Welcome, I like the chest shot, nicely done. I think dollar for dollar Lightroom 3.0+ is awesome if you're pricing software. The power is quite amazing. I would say for what I do, it does 70-80% of what I need. I also shoot Canon and I didn't even bother loading that software, when I got LR3. The learning curve isn't to bad and it will do more than what most realise. I think LR4 is out on Beta test, free download and from what I can see, as I use it, it's pretty stable and would give you an idea of if you want to purchase 3.0. But anyway welcome, enjoy, some of the best are here! Always helpful and I have learned so much myself.