Options

Public transport

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited January 18, 2012 in Street and Documentary
This is a chance encounter while walking pass a bus stop. This image struck me immediately as something unique and striking, one that captures perfectly the rushing of commuters when taking public transport. The ambient light just gave off a lovely, ethereal glow.

i-c4Pv7cM.jpg

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Nice

The concept might be better served if the bus was more in focus
    Rags
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    I like the colors...action...and composition. Nice capture.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Love the shot and agree with your assessment completely. Well done!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2012
    Thanks all for comments.
    torags wrote: »
    Nice

The concept might be better served if the bus was more in focus

It was jam packed around me. I can only use my tripod as monopod. Can only breath in, hand held for this 1 sec shot. Haha, I can't ask for more and don't think I have another second chance to capture those group of neon glowing colour.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    I have to agree with Rags' comment. There is really terrific potential here. I'd suggest returning to the same spot, and shooting, and shooting, and shooting until you get a similar image in which it is obvious what's happening here. It will take some work, given the low light levels, but work is a basic ingredient in most really good photos.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    I have to agree with Rags' comment. There is really terrific potential here. I'd suggest returning to the same spot, and shooting, and shooting, and shooting until you get a similar image in which it is obvious what's happening here. It will take some work, given the low light levels, but work is a basic ingredient in most really good photos.

Hi BD,

I fully agreed it may takes more than just a single trip in perfecting a shot, or rather getting a better shot. I've done that before at times esp. when I feel its easily repeatable. For this scene, I do believed its not that easily repeatable, esp. in getting the neon colour, but you never know, the next attempt may even turn out better!

I'll leave it for the time being, just pure laziness though as you said it has full of potential. Maybe I just wait for another chance encounter.

Cheers.
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    Reminds me of fruit salad, which I happen to like.