Options

Outsourcing difficult selections / extractions

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited July 25, 2004 in Finishing School
I'd like to pay to have some extractions / selections done for me. I'm not good at this and the best job I can do doesn't look right. It's very time consuming as well and I just don't have the time.

So does anyone know of a service that will do this? Sounds like a good business, send to India, get results a day or so later, charge 3x Indian labor costs...
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    I'd like to pay to have some extractions / selections done for me. I'm not good at this and the best job I can do doesn't look right. It's very time consuming as well and I just don't have the time.

So does anyone know of a service that will do this? Sounds like a good business, send to India, get results a day or so later, charge 3x Indian labor costs...
    What do you mean by "extractions / selections"?
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    What do you mean by "extractions / selections"?
    The images in question are some of the shots from Judy and Gayle's wedding. They loved the shots, but my favorite shot really needs to have the background painted black (or something) without disturbing the foreground consisting of the couple and the minister. It's more messy than it looks at first; there is lots of hair and frills and stuff. I'd like to send the image somewhere, pay something, and get back a .psd with the foreground elements selected, or in a separate layer. Is this clear now?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited July 25, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    The images in question are some of the shots from Judy and Gayle's wedding. They loved the shots, but my favorite shot really needs to have the background painted black (or something) without disturbing the foreground consisting of the couple and the minister. It's more messy than it looks at first; there is lots of hair and frills and stuff. I'd like to send the image somewhere, pay something, and get back a .psd with the foreground elements selected, or in a separate layer. Is this clear now?
    It certainly does seem like a viable business for someone with good PS skills, doesn't it? Might cost more than many people would want to pay, but many Pro Photographers would rather shoot pictureres than post produce in front of a computer.

John - there is an ad in Sep 2004 PhotoShop User for www.proknockout.com - they say they make paths, not extractions but I think they may be what you need. Specifically they say....

"Proudly present our high-quality production of hand-made, hand-drawn path works on digital images! We do only one job - MAKE PATH!
    We are a flexible and low-cost service team to assist graphic designers and catalogers resolving extremely expensive path-making process in graphic design and catalog making projects.

Pro Knock Out Company has this strong and well-trained team to support you and provide the worry-free digital images saved with paths.

You provide digital images and we make the paths for you. It's just that simple!

Both Mac and PC files are welcome and we have our FTP server to help your digital images transmission.

Download our path samples and open by PhotoShop to check our quality. Contact us for our unbelievable low price and current promotion!

If you cannot find the information you need, we encourage you to contact us with your questions or comments. Our Client Service Representatives are ready to assist you."

Here is their FAQ page. http://www.proknockout.com/faq.htm

Let us know if you investigate this company further.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin