Can anyone pass on a copy of the Canon 600's EOS utility?

Karel BataKarel Bata Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited January 18, 2012 in Cameras
I've gone back to school to study for an MA. Among the cameras we use is the 600. I'm keen on trying out Technicolor's CineStyle, but to use it I need to use Canon EOS utility, but that comes on the install CD, but my college has a policy of putting all those disks in a cupboard at the back (along with the manuals!) thus not allowing access to the goodies on them, and Canon don't offer these for download.

Anyone able to help?

I'm on a Mac.

Cheers!

Comments

• davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    See if any of this is what you're looking for.

You need to pick an OS for the "real" menu to come up.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3i_18_55mm_is_ii_kit#DriversAndSoftware
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Dave, I think Canon only offers the "updater." The OP needs a copy of the full software. I'd be happy to help you, but I don't have one either! (I bought my camera used). Does anyone know if it's illegal to install on more than one computer? I seem to recall reading that you could call Canon and buy it for like $10 or something.
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Dave, I think Canon only offers the "updater." The OP needs a copy of the full software. I'd be happy to help you, but I don't have one either! (I bought my camera used). Does anyone know if it's illegal to install on more than one computer? I seem to recall reading that you could call Canon and buy it for like $10 or something.

Yeah, I looked at the site again and it gives mixed signals.

If you select an OS, (MAC) then click the plus sign next to the file (DPP3.11.1) THEN roll over that print,
    you get this little box.

i-qQdn8kF.jpg

In one spot it says it's a full install, then is says you must have the older software loaded to update it ???

I'm thinking it's a full install.

Hey, give it a shot, what's the damage?
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    Karel Bata wrote: »
    I've gone back to school to study for an MA. Among the cameras we use is the 600. I'm keen on trying out Technicolor's CineStyle, but to use it I need to use Canon EOS utility, but that comes on the install CD, but my college has a policy of putting all those disks in a cupboard at the back (along with the manuals!) thus not allowing access to the goodies on them, and Canon don't offer these for download.

Anyone able to help?

I'm on a Mac.

Cheers!

don't know about MAC but with windows you can get around having the original disk, e.g.
    http://www.adidap.com/2006/11/02/what-to-do-if-you-lost-your-canon-software-cd/
    http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/install_canon_software.html
  • roakeyroakey Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    Do some careful googling, I remember finding a site that gave you the Windows registry variables that had to be set to allow the updater to think you had the original software installed already.

Edit: Oh, looky, previous reply. Sorry about that!

Roak
    [email]roakeyatunderctekdotcom[/email]
    <== Mighty Murphy, the wonder Bouv!