C&C please

MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
edited January 21, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am still looking for better ideas, but last week I was attending a wedding show and I was trying to see everything in terms of shapes or angles. I would appreciate any comments. It's a long time that I did not have time to participate in the challenges. Last week after a long time I submitted a photo without having time for any feedback. I am trying to improve my skills, so any C & C would be appreciated.

Thanks,

IMG0626-1-M.jpg

IMG0624-2-M.jpg

IMG0683-1-M.jpg

IMG0623-2-M.jpg

IMG0610-1-M.jpg

IMG0679-1-M.jpg

IMG0671-2-M.jpg

IMG0636-1-M.jpg

Comments

• NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    I'm just getting started on the challenges, so I'm sure there will be better advice coming your way soon, but here goes... I think 6 and 8 are the best of these. IMO, both could be improved with some creative cropping. For 6, a crop without a reference to where the pattern terminates may add interest. In 8, you could crop in close on the vase, removing the purple table and highlighting the shape(s) you are most intrigued by.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    To me it looks like #6 is more on the theme than others - Maybe you can try a little exciting pp on it...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    C&C please
    Thanks for your comments. I edited # 6 and 8

6a.
    Photo & Video  Sharing by SmugMug

6b.

6c.

8a.

8b.

8c.
  • NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    I like the crops in 6c and 8a. I'm not sure the flowers add much to the vase shots.
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    NelsonK wrote: »
    I like the crops in 6c and 8a. I'm not sure the flowers add much to the vase shots.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    8a is my favorite.
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    8b is gorgeous and says 'shapes' to me... The flowers are the perfect addition, I think. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    Thanks for your comments. Myself I like both 8a and 8b, but I like 8b more because of the flowers. I like to see some natural beauty in object photography. I guess most of you think that the flowers don't do any thing. What if I remove flowers from 8b. Do you still think that 8a would be better?
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    Memol wrote: »
    Thanks for your comments. Myself I like both 8a and 8b, but I like 8b more because of the flowers. I like to see some natural beauty in object photography. I guess most of you think that the flowers don't do any thing. What if I remove flowers from 8b. Do you still think that 8a would be better?

I think I would like it either way, but for me the flowers add to the idea of "shapes". :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I like the crop in 8a but the processing in 8b. I'm just not a huge fan of b/w & and 8a seems kinda grainy, takes away from focus on the shape.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I would say 6a or b... c is cropped too closely I think. It works best when at least one of the squares is fully visable.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited January 21, 2012
    lkbart wrote: »
    I like the crop in 8a but the processing in 8b. I'm just not a huge fan of b/w & and 8a seems kinda grainy, takes away from focus on the shape.

15524779-Ti.gif Really like the processing in 8b and the color. Like both crops but have to agree that it works best for this challenge without the flowers.