Options

Nice Free Software

CarpyCarpy Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited January 21, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Hey Guys,

Came across this today, I've tried it with my D7000 and it works well. It is similar to Nikons Camera Control software. If you tether your camera to your laptop (or desktop), you can control your shooting from said computer. Have a look and see what you think

http://www.diyphotobits.com/download-diyphotobitscom-camera-control/

Happy shooting

Carpy :clap

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,873 moderator
    edited January 19, 2012
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom forum, where we generally discuss tethered shooting and tethered software.

Thanks for the link. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    waywardfoolwaywardfool Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    AVG doesn't like the popup ad that comes after this link...Walmart Survey from AdChoices...says 8.29.133.136/survey/a/indexns.html is infected with Exploit Social Engineering (type 1710).

Site seems OK after that...just a warning to be sure your AV is up to date, and be careful where you click within.
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    AVG doesn't like the popup ad that comes after this link...Walmart Survey from AdChoices...says 8.29.133.136/survey/a/indexns.html is infected with Exploit Social Engineering (type 1710).

Site seems OK after that...just a warning to be sure your AV is up to date, and be careful where you click within.
    I don't get the popup ad you are experiencing, maybe because I'm in the UK ne_nau.gif, I'm using up to date Kaspersky Pure AV and the software etc is clean.
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom forum, where we generally discuss tethered shooting and tethered software.

Thanks for the link. thumb.gif
    Cheers for moving it Ziggy, I had a feeling it was in the wrong section bowdown.gif

Carpy
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012

Got the same popup. A shame otherwise I would have stayed on the site and researched it.
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    That's not a virus or anything. It's just a website that tries to trick you into entering personal info. Easy solution is to not go to their website :p

EDIT: By website, I mean the walmart one. DIYphotobits is clean.