Options

Shooting Tough Mudder Events

MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
edited February 14, 2012 in Sports
I am starting to get really interested in Tough Mudder. I think it would be awesome to shoot one of these.

Does anyone know if the photography is restricted and only certain companies have the rights?

http://toughmudder.com/

Thanks,

MD
Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
http://DalbyPhoto.com

Comments

• Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    I am certain companies have lined up the rights and have it locked down. I ran an obstacle race like that last year. It was one company running pics. They did all the marketing for photos. In the end that is what you would run into doing that. Tough Mudder is a HUGE event. You would need tons of people to shoot it and you would also need tons of people to edit and get the pics sorted, keyworded and online quickly.

I think this would be like shooting a marathon. You could go shoot all you want. And you could sell to the people running it, if, you could find them. You would need to be partnered with the promoter. So your links are on their website. And your info is on their flyers.
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I'd go out, do it, roll around in the mud, and get better pictures than the people that will be selling them for $50 at the end, because it's honestly just good practice.
  • Options
    tuckertucker Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2012
    tough Mudder
    I just got to photograph Tough Mudder this weekend in Washinton Georgia. I was hired by Brightroom Photographers. There were six of us that photographed the entire event. I have been photographing for over 15 years, this by far was the most amazing thing I have ever photographed. I want to go back and shoot just for the fun of it, not working...The whole experience was amazing. I warn you though, cover your camera and bring lots of cleaner to clean your lenses. I saw someone with a boom arm holding their camera, I want to find the name of the boom , it looked amazing.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Baldy shot SmugMug's team a few months ago:

and many more from SM are doing it again this year.
  • Options
    tuckertucker Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2012
    Your video is Awesome
    Awesome
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2012
    When I clicked on this thread, I done thought we was talkin' 'bout four-by-fours chargin' through the puddles out back of Uncle Milt's farm.
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net