Options

DSS #94 - Sidewalk and Building re shot. C&C welcome!.

CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
edited January 20, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well I got a chance to head downtown again and re shot both of my previous images. The sidewalk was a major pain to process but I did the best I can do. I almost want to enter the sidewalk just because it was so hard to make work! But I really like my re shoot on the buildings.

What do you think? Any comments at all are greatly appreciated!!

New sidewalk!

SIDEWALKRESHOOT-1-DONE-XL.jpg

Old sidewalk

Sidewalks-XL.jpg

New Up!

UPRS-FINAL-XL.jpg

Old Up

second-3-XL.jpg
Jeromy
http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
Light is everything in life and photography.

Comments

• Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    While they're both interesting and right on theme with angles on angles, your New Up stands out to me the most and has me looking longer. GP
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,951 moderator
    edited January 20, 2012
    Really like the new Up. The partial cloud cover opening up at the top of the buildings, clouds reflected in the building to the lower right, and the way this shot brings out more details in the building on the lower left - big improvement. I liked the first Up but much prefer this one.

Gretchen
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I still like the sidewalk.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I like the right half of the new sidewalk, with the prominent bulb-cage and CFL bulb. With both sides in frame I just get cross eyed.

I like the new up, with more sky detail. In old up you look up, but there's nothing there.
  • Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I like the sidewalk image and think it might be interested to use a wider lens and see there could be something interesting you could do with light to create some separation between the floor and the wall.
  • Options
    Bradley KBradley K Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 20, 2012
    The new up is much more vivid. The improved contrast in the building on the lower right guides my eye up to the captivating clouds. The side walk is interesting, pleasing, but not nearly as captivating of my attention.
  • Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Thanks for all the comments! I have decided to scrap the sidewalk because I just cant get the look I have in my head. Thanks again!!
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.