Options

Website Critique (my turn)

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited November 3, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
ok... I guess it's my turn...

I'm going for something a bit different this time... This is just a mock up of what i have in my head....

Let me know what you think...

none of this "no offense stuff" if ya got something to say... say it :)

I can take it.... i hope :uhoh

so here are the two i'm thinking of... still debating on main background image...

41974074-L.jpg

42007572-L.jpg

Thanks,

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2005
    Hi Steve,

I'l have a go at pointing out a couple of things that I notice.

Top pic1:- Far too much dead space at the top of the page. Add a banner and get some text up there rather than half way down the page.
    I'm not convinced by the choice of pic. Maybe for a road digger company or a dirt bike route to the start of a race but I don't understand the meaning. Just looks like a man made ditch to me.

Bottom pic2:-
    The small chap leave's some nice space above and to left of its head for text and header. So same as above use the dead space at the top of the page. A better pic though.

The menu's are easy to read.

I'm not sure about the name and it's meaning WTL. Gives the impression to me of aimlessly wandering about doing nothing in particular. While there is nothing wrong with enjoying life doing nothing specific I'm not sure I'd advertise the fact as hard working folk sometimes object to supporting someone they consider to be not taking life seriously enough. This may not matter to you, depends where your heading.ne_nau.gif

Hope thats a bit of a help.
    I await version II WTL with a touch of FLASH to animate your wee rat.rolleyes1.gif

Bod..
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2005
    Is this going to be a smugmug page? What happens when the browser is larger than the background image? What about when the browser is smaller than the background image? It's kind of busy, but quite interesting. I'd like to see it after you build it.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Version 3?

42825005-L.jpg
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2005
    I agree with the dead space at the top of #1, and #2. It kills it. i was waiting for it to load, and felt bored on a T1 line... (Granted only a second or two of bordom...)

#3 is good, but I'm wondering about the browsers that load your page smaller, or bigger than the image.

Are you considering Flash, or just HTML/CSS. It could be really really cool in flash, depending on all of the transitions. And who do you expect to be viewing it. Will the users have the bandwidth, or will they feel somewhat bored as the background loads, and the content isn't there yet...
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters