edited January 23, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
For DSS #94 (Angles or Shapes)
IMG4046-Edit-XL.jpg
Rose, interrupted

Comments

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Maybe too much white space above the frozen leaves, for me... A tighter crop and maybe a sharper focus should work for me. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I really like it. And I think the negative space is fine. (personal taste, Jenn. :D). I might prefer a bit sharper focus on the icicle drip at the front of the first leaf.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Like the frozen outline - kinda wish the drop at the bottom was more droplet shaped, but I do like the position in the frame - I also like that the background doesn't hurt my eyes like a lot of white white backgrounds do to me.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    I'm gonna be the odd one out. For me, I'm not seeing theme here. Also, the ice really gets lost in the background... couldn't figure out what was going on there at first. I'm not seeing any part of this in focus...which kindof keeps my eyes searching.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    It's a great photo. It implies the theme of the challenge a bit too subtly IMO.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I'm gonna be the odd one out. For me, I'm not seeing theme here. Also, the ice really gets lost in the background... couldn't figure out what was going on there at first. I'm not seeing any part of this in focus...which kindof keeps my eyes searching.

15524779-Ti.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com