42021284-M.jpg

42021268-M.jpg

42011746-M.jpg

42015434-M.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2005
    Nice!
    As a former white water rafter (6+ all over ex-USSR, MVP) I can definitely appreciate those shots. Nice work!thumb.gif
    As a piece of advice: shots can look more dramatic if you manage to position yourself down the stream but at a relatively high vantage point. It not always possible (terrain, light, etc.), but with all things being equal - that's a winning position.
    Good job anyways!
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2005
    Thanks Nik but here there are no high advantage points, I am going tomorrow for the finals so will try to do better

thanks for looking
    Gary
    Nikolai wrote:
    As a former white water rafter (6+ all over ex-USSR, MVP) I can definitely appreciate those shots. Nice work!thumb.gif
    As a piece of advice: shots can look more dramatic if you manage to position yourself down the stream but at a relatively high vantage point. It not always possible (terrain, light, etc.), but with all things being equal - that's a winning position.
    Good job anyways!
    HTH
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    Thanks Nik but here there are no high advantage points, I am going tomorrow for the finals so will try to do better

thanks for looking
    Gary
    Nevermind my comments in the other thread about these photos, You addressed pretty much every note I had in it. I really like this set :-)
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Thanks Scott
    I was out for a ride on my motorbike and remebered this place it is called Holme Pierrepont and probably the best facility in the UK there is also a rowing lake i was real lucky because it was the British Open with the best in Britain and Europe
    Gary
    Nevermind my comments in the other thread about these photos, You addressed pretty much every note I had in it. I really like this set :-)