B&H Used Gear

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited January 23, 2012 in Cameras
I'm looking at buying a lens rated 8+ and was wondering what quality this really means, if anyone has personal experience it would be great to hear before I pull the trigger.

Edit I am also looking at the same lens with an "EX" rating from KEH, how would that compare?

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    I bought a BGN lens from KEH. That's below EX, and it was like new. It had some scratches on the hood, that's probably why they rated it BGN. Either way, I think you're good to go thumb.gif
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    I bought a BGN lens from KEH. That's below EX, and it was like new. It had some scratches on the hood, that's probably why they rated it BGN. Either way, I think you're good to go thumb.gif

Sweet clap.gif

I'm hoping there are similar experiences with B&H, it's not much of a hassle but I'm ordering a bunch of memory cards so it would be nice to get it all in 1 package. (Plus B&H is cheaper!)
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    Sweet clap.gif

I'm hoping there are similar experiences with B&H, it's not much of a hassle but I'm ordering a bunch of memory cards so it would be nice to get it all in 1 package. (Plus B&H is cheaper!)

I've bought used from both. and never have had issue-1 with the resultant piece. KEH tends to be a bit pricier, but then they also have a bigger selection and some rare finds as well.

KEH I think does a better job of their descriptions: if somethings missing, or what it comes with, or Filter threads goofed up, etc.,

Plus I live close enough to them (KEH) that I can have them pull a lens for me to stop by and try.
    tom wise
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 22, 2012
    I've never bought from KEH but I have spent several dollars at B&H and Adorama Camera. I can say from experience that if you buy used equipment from either one and don't like it when you receive it they will take it back.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    I've had exceptional experiences with KEH. I have bought several of their "BGN" lenses and, while there may have been cosmetic blemishes, the glass was in great shape. On the one occasion I had a problem, they went out of their way to solve it and exchanged the lens no problem. They were great to deal with and I recommend them highly!
  • HelenOsterHelenOster Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    captain78 wrote: »
    I've never bought from KEH but I have spent several dollars at B&H and Adorama Camera. I can say from experience that if you buy used equipment from either one and don't like it when you receive it they will take it back.

For sure! There's a 6-month warranty on used items from Adorama rated D, V, E+, E and E- (all other grades a 90-day warranty) which includes a 30-day returns period. Of course, we hope that you WILL like it! Which is why we are happy to email pictures of individual used units upon request, before you commit to buy - you only need drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/HelenOster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    HelenOster wrote: »
    For sure! There's a 6-month warranty on used items from Adorama rated D, V, E+, E and E- (all other grades a 90-day warranty) which includes a 30-day returns period. Of course, we hope that you WILL like it! Which is why we are happy to email pictures of individual used units upon request, before you commit to buy - you only need drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com

Thank you for the response, I bought the lens already but if there are any issues with it/in the future you'll be on the top of my list.