Options

D7000 In For Repair

newbnewb Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited March 31, 2012 in Cameras
So, I took my D7000 in for repair mid December. The parts I need are on back order, which I expected. Ive seen some posts that say Nikon was hoping to restart production this month. I was wondering if anyone knows anything more, or has current info on Nikon resuming production?

Im gettin anxious to get my baby back.
D7000/D5000 | Nikkor Glass | SB600's | RF602's | CS5/LR3

Comments

• Options
    edited January 22, 2012
    Actually, just found this. Missed it on my first search.

http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0110_01_e.htm
  • Options
    dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    I ordered a new D7000 from Calumet on Dec 26, and it arrived last week, so they must be cranking it up again.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2012
    Just curious, where did you order it from?
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    Update for anyone that wants to know,

The camera fell and the lens mount pulled outa the body. Got a call today that all the parts to make the camera work again are in. The back panel got scratched, so I asked for that to be replaced too. That part is still on back order with no ETA.
  • Options
    jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    newb wrote: »
    Update for anyone that wants to know,

The camera fell and the lens mount pulled outa the body. Got a call today that all the parts to make the camera work again are in. The back panel got scratched, so I asked for that to be replaced too. That part is still on back order with no ETA.

So sorry to hear of your accident. I think some of us would be interested in the cost of the repairs for future reference, if you don't mind divulging.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    No, I dont mind.

The estimate was about $100 in parts, and near $300 in labor. Ill have a more detailed break down on all the parts when I pick the camera up, but this includes (at least) the piece of the body that the lens mount screws thread into, and the whole back panel with the LCD window.

An expensive lesson, but some times thats the best way to learn.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2012
    Well, just got the camera back. The only parts replaced were the ones listed above. Total cost after tax was $430 and some change. Most of that being labor. Then another couple bucks for a new BM-11 at Glazers. The camera looks like new, and more importantly it shoots like new too. Now, I need to get use to it again lol.

I should note, the only reason they had the camera so long was because some of the parts were on back order due to the damage at the Nikon plant.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited March 31, 2012
    newb wrote: »
    Well, just got the camera back. The only parts replaced were the ones listed above. Total cost after tax was $430 and some change. Most of that being labor. Then another couple bucks for a new BM-11 at Glazers. The camera looks like new, and more importantly it shoots like new too. Now, I need to get use to it again lol.

I should note, the only reason they had the camera so long was because some of the parts were on back order due to the damage at the Nikon plant.

Congratulations on the repair and return of your camera. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2012
    Thank you! Im very excited to get out do some shooting this year.