Options

The Watcher

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited January 25, 2012 in Street and Documentary
This is the backdoor of a Mexican Food eatery in downtown (Gaslamp District) San Diego. The eyes seemed to follow her - and me for that matter!

i-KftpNvQ-XL.jpg

C&C welcome and appreciated.
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2012
    Damn, if you could have caught her between the cans......
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Damn, if you could have caught her between the cans......

(Throat clearing noise) Umm...'scuse me, what did you say? mwink.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2012
    Earache wrote: »

He said, between the cans rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2012
    You know, between the two GARBAGE minds, I meant cans. :D

Yes, this is a place where I would just park myself and just keep waiting and waiting...
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2012
    Earache wrote: »

Cans, not jugs... :D, Although I do vote for the jugs shot... mwink.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 25, 2012
    lol3.gif

Great background, but I don't see much of a connection between it and the person walking by. I think if you hung out there for a while, you might get something better. Maybe try different angles as well so that the painted eyes are not facing the camera/viewer. Looks like a good spot to try the Contact Sheet exercise mwink.gif.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    lol3.gif

Great background, but I don't see much of a connection between it and the person walking by. I think if you hung out there for a while, you might get something better. Maybe try different angles as well so that the painted eyes are not facing the camera/viewer. Looks like a good spot to try the Contact Sheet exercise mwink.gif.

Thank-you for the suggestions Richard - spot-on. I am rather new to street photography as I live in a rural area and don't get into "the big city" all that often, but after viewing the work of the photogs here, I see the potential for exciting opportunities to capture urban life. Thanks again!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Hi Eric,

I rather like this shot. Each to his own...I suppose. I would imagine that there is really no angle to shoot this scene from where the eyes of the " watcher " are not looking right at you. As you say, they tend to follow you all around. It's one of those painted images that exhibits that phenomenon.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    Hi Eric,

I rather like this shot. Each to his own...I suppose. I would imagine that there is really no angle to shoot this scene from where the eyes of the " watcher " are not looking right at you. As you say, they tend to follow you all around. It's one of those painted images that exhibits that phenomenon.

Tom

Howdy Tom,
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it, and you are right about the eyes - I have some other shots from that day and there is no escaping them! :oogle
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I'd agree there's probably some opportunity for that location from maybe a slightly different perspective and waiting for just the right interaction. The bright colors certainly add to the overall image, but again, with the right interaction passing by, I'd bet with all that contrast a B&W version could be pretty wicked.