Options

Interested in your thoughts on this type of photographer

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited January 27, 2012 in People
I posted this in another thread but like me I don't think everyone reads the entire thread so no one made any comments. That could be good or bad. So I'm posting this again to see how you feel about the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3NFW2c7hA&feature=related

Comments

• Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    Corrected the link, its working now.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Thanks for reposting. thumb.gif

I thought this was a hilarious piece of satire actually. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be funny BUT, of course, the reason it's funny is because it's based in truth..... ;)
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    rolleyes1.gif

Satire is only funny if it's based in truth. There were several things said in this video that I've heard almost verbatim before.
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    It's very dark comedy, indeed.
  • Options
    scotthofferphotographyscotthofferphotography Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    if she was serious, that is pathetic.
    check out some of my pics on my smug mug site.
    http://www.scotthofferphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    She has a bunch of "helpful" videos on youtube, thats what makes me think she is serious......if not she should get and Academy Award.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    99% sure that she is actually a comedienne. This series was done as a satire (based on other comments in other places...)
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I only got about 45 seconds in before I had to stop watching. Her voice and inflection make me want shoot myself.

She has to be trolling. If not, WOW!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    If she is doing this as a satire she should have stopped at the first one, she now has at least 8. I sure hope someone is paying her to do a satire. You do know P stands for professional and A stands for always and S stands for sometimes, my God.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Not only is it satire, it's presented with a bit of over-the-top sarcasm. Notice the overdone thinking to come up with shutter speed.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    I believe it is fake but she does a great job if you only watch one of the videos. She even has a facebook act Missyawac. I believe alot of folks went along with her.
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    oh I think she is serious to the core... and until proven otherwise she is a Bimbo... albeit a funny bimbo.....lol
    thanks for the share...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Too annoying, gave up at 44 seconds.
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Fake or not, who cares?!? Your market is not the same as their market!

Your market is targeted to customers who appreciate the value and talent of a real photographer. Her market is toward people who want cheap pics from a fancy camera with unrealistic over the top processing. Those people don't care WHO shoots them, as long as they dont have to pay over 50 bucks and get a DVD of images. You should be glad that there are people out there weeding out the everything for nothing customers so you don't have to deal with them and focus on customers who pay for YOU.

Those mwac photogs will either continue to suck and eventually fade out and ones with true potential will get better- and wisen up to the business if being a pro.
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Laughing so hard here. "It's so simple, just turn the dial and let the camera do it" "They go all blurry, there's a photography term for that" Great find Hackbone.
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    After watching that, all I can say is "rats!" I'm pretty sure my d300s has a "p" setting there somewhere. Wish I had known that was all it took. All that time I wasted on researching glass and remote triggers and soft boxes etc. Could have saved a ton of money too...eek7.gif
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    Just watched the wedding one... For anyone doubting whether she is serious you should watch those... It is clearly a joke!
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I'm pretty sure this is a satire but the sad truth is I've actually met people like her....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2012
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure this is a satire but the sad truth is i've actually met people like her....

bingo!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2012
  • Options
    rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    After 30 secs I wanted to take some Vallium. After 45 secs I wanted something harder. After a minute I wanted to slash my wrists. And then, just before I nearly died, I realized she was joking.

I think if you watch this one on printing, you will see she is doing a send-up. Hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgz35toGs00

If she is for real, she must be a wedding tog!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    lilmomma wrote: »
    Just watched the wedding one... For anyone doubting whether she is serious you should watch those... It is clearly a joke!

I want to keep thinking she is serious... she's a riot... I have shared with everyone i know..lol

One thing I really loved was her comments about the F's stops and not needing to know anything about these things and oh...ummm hmmmm... I forget the name of it....oh...umm ...oh yeah... and shutter speeds,,,, hahawings.gif
    She has a gift for sure...thumb.gif
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    Great stuff - spot on.
    Problem is that it's going to cost me to change cams as usual one hasn't got a mode dial ... and seems to be stuck on M.

pp
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    I think if you watch this one on printing, you will see she is doing a send-up. Hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgz35toGs00

"... Calibration. Have YOU ever calibrated? It's like... HARD! I did it once and I couldn't get through it all without two Tylenol and a margarita...."

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2012
    Lol, I once told a guy at work a joke, I have a wry sense of humor, he came to me at the end of the day, and said, "I got the punchline around lunch and broke out laughing". He was still chuckling then. That's how I took her lol.
  • Options
    wave01wave01 Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    just seen this and its very appropriate I have just done a wedding for a relative first one in nearly 31years. I was shown a few pics on an iphone, look at these who needs a big camera. just seen the results from the phone again this time printed, well there not to bad this size the colours a bit off but it will do.
    Just got mine back from printers colours perfect. thank you canon 550d.
    Bottom line it maybe trying to be funny and it is but in real life people do believe this.