ROFL too fast for me - can you make it roll slower?

rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited January 26, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm getting on - 60 this year, and I'm having real trouble, especially after 4 pm when I've had the third glass of wine of the day, getting hold of the ROFL smilie. I've tried using a mouse and a Wacom pen, but ROFL just rolls too fast for me to stab! Can you make it slow down... or stop?

Here's the little fella... :roflI couldn't manage that, so I had to get one of the kids from nextdoor to do it for me. While they were here I got them to program the video machine, and download the latest firmware for the 5D Mk2.

Really appreciate this, guys.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator
    edited January 26, 2012
    You can just type a colon (:) followed by rofl (no space between them) and it will appear. The same applies to all of the smilies. thumb.gif
  • rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    You can just type a colon (:) followed by rofl (no space between them) and it will appear. The same applies to all of the smilies. thumb.gif

Thanks, Richard rolleyes1.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    Yah, I rarely use the selector window, I just type them. Which is why my vocabulary of smileys is rather limited. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Yah, I rarely use the selector window, I just type them. Which is why my vocabulary of smileys is rather limited. thumb.gif

I've noticed on other forums that people sometimes type them, but they don't seem to get translated to graphics. Have they perhaps just typed them incorrectly?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    I've noticed on other forums that people sometimes type them, but they don't seem to get translated to graphics. Have they perhaps just typed them incorrectly?

The only place we don't allow smileys is in signatures, so if they've put one there it won't show up properly. We used allow it, and there are some signatures that pre-date that change.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    You can click anywhere where the rolleyes1.gif was/is rolling. It doesn't have to be right on him thumb.gif