Options

8 Months (nudity)

damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited January 28, 2012 in Go Figure
baby-7mos501.jpg

baby-7mos460.jpg

Both shots are EFKE 25 iso film. The first was taken with a Nikon F5 and the 50mm 1.8 AFD; the second one was taken with a Nikon F2 and the 105mm non-ai 2.5 lens. Both were developed in D76. Light provided by two Alien Bees SB800 strobes.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    Hey Damon,
    welcome to GF! :-) thumb.gif
    I like #2 better. I found the background on the first one too distracting (especially that piece of the leather couch reflecting your lights). ne_nau.gif
    HTH
    Nikolai
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2012
    Thanks Nikolai. You're right. I should have brought that blanket farther over...

thanks for the comment!
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Yeah I like #2 better too. #1 is shiny with all those hot spots, and her expression looks a bit drugged (I think you caught her in between expressions, so to speak). But #2 is lovely. Perhaps a little rim light to show off her belly a bit more would have added some punch.
  • Options
    djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    I like both photos, but my vote for the best is number 2. The items that catch my eue in number 1 are: The hand hiding the breast looks uncomfortable in the pose. The left hand looks like it is a fist. I wonder how it would have looked if the left hand had been resting on the top of the baby with the arm hiding the nipples, and the right hand cradeling the baby on the bottom? I am proud of any mother that will have such memories taken.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback Brett and djames. I agree about the hot spots in #1 and yes, the pose looks a bit weird. I also agree that #2 is the better shot. Back to the drawing board!