Options

Might buy a D700

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited February 3, 2012 in Cameras
With all of this waiting and flip flopping around, I think I am going to give in and get myself a used D700 as a 3rd body. If I can pick one up for a good price I can always sell it if the new replacement tickles my fancy. For most of my indoor events, I feel like my 300s is useless without a flash. Another D3s would be killer but at this point not really a great option money wise. I think a 700 would serve me well. But I guess I need to try one to see :D

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    You have my blessing. ;)
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2012
    Ok now I "did" buy a D700.......... Yes I have been shopping and watching my local paper for a while now for this. I missed a good one a few weeks ago. Saw this one this afternoon in my local paper. 22,000 actuations, seems to be in nice shape too. Offered up $1800. And it was mine. Couldn't resist it. If I don't like it, I can sell it easy enough. Or if the new one comes out and is the BOMB, then I can decide. I have 3 events coming in the next month that this will be a better grab camera for. And maybe use my 300s just for the fisheye alone.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    d700 is a solid camera, been using one for years.
    I have a d3 and usually grab the d700 anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2012
    I think it fills the gap nicely for me. For anything indoors I find I want more out of the 300s. I think the 700 will compliment my D3s nicely. It will free up the 300s for trying some remote things too. Like set it up and forget it to do a time lapse of an event. The 700 also has a pop up flash. Very nice for using the CLS.
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    you will love it.... I go to it all the time....
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    It'll probably drop a bit in price on Feb 7. Still, that's a good price. Congrats!
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2012
    Not sure about the price drop of a 700. It depends on what Nikon has up its sleeve for real. I am feeling a limbo in rumored offerings from Nikon for what I shoot. 36mp??? Not a chance for what I do. D4? $6000 for not sure yet as far as an upgrade of the D3s (at least for me). The kicker could be some other FX camera or the d400 super DX camera. I will see. But for now, I feel very well rounded. All of the Nikon 12mp heavy hitters on my shelf.
  • Options
    borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    It's still one of our most popular rentals, even after all these years. It'll be interesting to see what Nikon has in store for the D800.
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses