Options

Best tool for creating DVD slideshow from images ?

mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited February 11, 2012 in Finishing School
I want to know what do you guys use to create DVD slideshow that can be played on any computer or regular DVD player and watched on TV. I've tried in past using Aperture and most of time it has worked kind of okay but problem with it is the pictures donot look as good as they normally look on computer screen when watched on HD TV. I userstand it could be related to resoultion as TV screens are normally calibrated at 1920x1080 and may not show pictures at correct aspect ratio. I want to know how do you guys deliver pictures on DVD to your clients ?

Comments

• Options
    klickingkatklickingkat Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    Pro Show Professional gives you a great product.
    Sony A300 28-200 Tameron
    Sony A300 70-200 f/2.8 Sony
    Sony A100 75-300 4.5-5.6
    Sony A100 18-70 3.5-5.6
  • Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2012
    Pro Show Professional gives you a great product.

Okay my bad I'm going to use it on MAC and I didnot mention it, looks like it is Windows only software. Thanks for your recommendation.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,824 moderator
    edited January 28, 2012
    I moved this to the Finishing School forum, where we discuss software issues (since this is not explicitly a Weddings issue.)
    mjoshi123 wrote: »
    ... I userstand it could be related to resoultion as TV screens are normally calibrated at 1920x1080 and may not show pictures at correct aspect ratio. I want to know how do you guys deliver pictures on DVD to your clients ?

The DVD standard is 720x480 resolution. You need a Blu-Ray player to get 1080p resolution, and Blu-Ray is not DVD (although a Blu-Ray player is backwards compatible with DVD.) Compose your project to 720x480 to make a DVD video disk that is compatible with DVD players, Blu-Ray players and many/most computers.
    Okay my bad I'm going to use it on MAC and I didnot mention it, looks like it is Windows only software. Thanks for your recommendation.

Here is what Photodex has to say about Macintosh support:

http://kb.photodex.com/241/do-you-have-a-mac-version-of-proshow/

Basically, yes, ProShow is good enough to find a way to get it to run on your Macintosh. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    Latest Version Integrates with Smugmug
    The latest Version, 5.0, offers Smugmug upload integration. I have been using it for three years on Windows. It is always being improved. I haven't had chance to fully test the upload feature.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    Al PominaAl Pomina Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2012
    I want to know what do you guys use to create DVD slideshow that can be played on any computer or regular DVD player and watched on TV. I've tried in past using Aperture and most of time it has worked kind of okay but problem with it is the pictures donot look as good as they normally look on computer screen when watched on HD TV. I userstand it could be related to resoultion as TV screens are normally calibrated at 1920x1080 and may not show pictures at correct aspect ratio. I want to know how do you guys deliver pictures on DVD to your clients ?

As you are using a Mac IDVD and IMovie do a good job. Also Toast 11 By Roxio.
    Have fun
  • Options
    daylightimagesdaylightimages Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2012
    If you are looking for software that's the equivalent of ProShow Gold for a Mac check out FotoMagico from Boinx. It's what I use for all my slide shows on my MacBook Pro.
    Steve Barry
    The Railroad Photographer
    www.railroadphotographer.com