The island of Ometepe

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
edited January 28, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I took this last year and found it today.

DSC0376-X2.jpg

Comments

• R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Hi, I really like the cloud formations in this shot - how does it look in colour?

Cheers, Richard.
  • CrokeyCrokey Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    There's a wonderful simplicity to the photo, even though it looks so busy at first. There are really only three points of interest, start at that wonderful cloud snagged on the mountain, then over to the complex of cloud in the top right and then down to the more subtle mountain on the left. Rinse and repeat as necessary! Very nice indeed.thumb.gifthumb
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi, I really like the cloud formations in this shot - how does it look in colour?

Cheers, Richard.

I tried it, but as Crokey notes it is a busy image. BW removes some of that. Personal preference I suppose. I will try to post a color version later. Thanks for looking.
    edited January 28, 2012
    Crokey wrote: »
    There's a wonderful simplicity to the photo, even though it looks so busy at first. There are really only three points of interest, start at that wonderful cloud snagged on the mountain, then over to the complex of cloud in the top right and then down to the more subtle mountain on the left. Rinse and repeat as necessary! Very nice indeed.thumb.gifthumb

Thanks Crokey, you are right about the three points of interest, good observation. The island is in the lake of Nicaragua and from above looks like a figure 8, with one volcano in each blurb.
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Wow.. it's all about the sky and what's going into it. I also would like to see the colour version.
    edited January 28, 2012
    Bailiejo wrote: »
    Wow.. it's all about the sky and what's going into it. I also would like to see the colour version.

I had a go at a color picture but it just doesn't work... I won't have access to my home computer for a week so I guess you won't be seeing it any time soon. Sorry.