rust & barnacles

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited January 28, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
6774165053_7ce18a42ae_o.jpg

Last bit of an old shipwreck. Only visible at low tide.
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Very interesting subject....well captured too. I see a couple of closeup opportunities here that could be exceptional.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Very interesting subject....well captured too. I see a couple of closeup opportunities here that could be exceptional.

Tom
    15524779-Ti.gif Some detail shots of rust and barnacles with Rust Junkie post processing would be a nice feast, right now! thumb.gif

:Dwings.gifclap

This is a great find!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Ahhh... rust and local wildlife... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    This could be the composition I'm looking for to get me to a 10. Love the pic. I don't think I'll find something like that in my travels. Now that I'm into "Popping the pic" and showing off the rust, I agree with the rest of the comments.... blow the colour out of the picture.
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Thanks. I've been watching you guys pop these rusties out into LSD land. I think I like that for tight crops, but I think the effect would make me throw up on this pic. Not sure I can pop it that much more anyway.

The light was not there! Major fog that morning. Below is another pic I took on the same hike...

6774152221_bdb1135e71_b.jpg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com