MC 15 - First Idea

WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
edited January 29, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
So my brain is really buzzing with ideas. Here is the first. What do you think?

P1500843CropBW4-L.jpg

Comments

• johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Very creative and nicely done. I know that feeling too :D
  • SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    I love the idea but I might try to find a way to keep the camera out of the picture. I am not even sure it is possible without a tripod and remote but just a thought.
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2012
    Thanks, Johnloguk! It reflects the way I feel about my aging body. But I also think it would make a funny title for an grunge or blues album.

Thanks, Sambalam! I might be able to borrow a tripod and try a reshoot. It is at work where my day job is technical and people expect me to be professional. I think I got some strange looks taking this the first time. :D I would probably clean off the faucet, as well.
  • torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    Excellent idea - love the way it mimics a record on a turntable. Only point would be as a self portrait, your portrait is a not very dominant to the picture.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    Cool idea... but IMHO... the portrait part gets lost and the sink becomes the main focus of attention.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    So I reread the instructions. "The cover can have more than just you in it if you want to assemble a 'band' or something, but you do have to be in the image yourself."

To me this says that the SP has to be an element of the image, but does not necessarily have to be the main focus.