Future model

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited October 31, 2005 in People
My niece came over to visit Sam today. I can't believe how grown up she looks for only six. I don't exactly love the way kids dress these days and can only imagine what will be in style when my little one grows up but I have awhile to worry about it. I am using fill flash more and more and would love any comments/advice on how to improve..

42185448-L-0.jpg

Comments

• 24Peter24Peter Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2005
    She is adorable and it's a very nice shot. Possible suggestions: try to isolate your subject more from the background by blurring it. In this case, you'd probably need a longer lens to throw the background more out of focus. Alternatively, a less busy background might work. (You could also work on the background in the computer to increase blur/clone out some stuff.) Lighting outside during the day is tough. For me, I generally like to have more light on my subject than background, though that's not always possible. Try a bunch of different locations/lighting set ups.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Thnxs Peter and welcome to Dgrin.. You gave me some great advice.

Here is one more that I think I like more.

42212607-L-0.jpg
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Hi Eric..

Julia for sure has the looks, the smile and the potential. She has a warm exotic look to her--but most of all, she loves to pose, it seems.

Michal
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    24Peter wrote:
    She is adorable and it's a very nice shot. Possible suggestions: try to isolate your subject more from the background by blurring it. In this case, you'd probably need a longer lens to throw the background more out of focus. Alternatively, a less busy background might work. (You could also work on the background in the computer to increase blur/clone out some stuff.) Lighting outside during the day is tough. For me, I generally like to have more light on my subject than background, though that's not always possible. Try a bunch of different locations/lighting set ups.
    Hi Peter wave.gif welcome to dgrin.. nice to have you aboard. Nice advice too!
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Like both shots Eric
    and maybe I'm getting old (read wise :D) but I don't care for rushing young girls into adulthood all that quick.

I do like the tighter shot better too thumb.gif
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Like both shots Eric
    and maybe I'm getting old (read wise :D) but I don't care for rushing young girls into adulthood all that quick.

I do like the tighter shot better too thumb.gif
    Thnxs Ben. I always apreciate when ya stop by.