Evelyn

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited November 1, 2005 in Holy Macro

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Memorial ??
    ehughes wrote:

Hi Ed.... is this a memorial stone for someone ??
    I see it is for someone named Evelyn, and it is a lovely sculpture.
    What else is on the stone, I see a hint of more writing below Evelyn's name .
    The Angel looks like she is minding that particular spot, the statue makes me smile and think of child like innocence, carefree, peace, calmness.

Thanks for sharing Ed...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Nice, very nice Ed. Great tone, feel, comp. Looking at it I wonder how it'd look with deeper shadows, but that would probably just screw it up...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Skippy, you had just the reaction I was looking for, I wanted the picture to ask more questions than it answered. And you even made an emotional connection which makes me smile...

Thanks..
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice, very nice Ed. Great tone, feel, comp. Looking at it I wonder how it'd look with deeper shadows, but that would probably just screw it up...
    David, thanks. I tried this one a few different ways, Color, B&W, quad toned, sepia, high contrast, etc... but I kept coming back to this one for some reason. Feel free to grab the pic and show me what you were thinking..
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    David, thanks. I tried this one a few different ways, Color, B&W, quad toned, sepia, high contrast, etc... but I kept coming back to this one for some reason. Feel free to grab the pic and show me what you were thinking..

It was just a simple curves move, pulling the shadows down a bit further into the depths...

42293139-L.jpg
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 31, 2005
    Ed, I really like this one. Like you suggest, it begs questions.

Looks like maybe the graveyard in Bodie? If so, my last visit there was to the
    graveyard and the number of young children laid to rest there gave testament
    to the rough living conditions.

Very thought provoking image.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Ah, interesting subject. I do prefer David's version with the deeper shadows. I wonder how it would look shifted to the right with the angel and the stone making an 'L' along the right side and the bottom.