Photoshoot With Taylor in NYC

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited October 31, 2005 in People
i shot this model a day after the last model i showed you guys, in the same general area, in downtown manhattan. here's three of my favorites so far:

42202353-M.jpg

41862843-M-1.jpg

29910116-L-9.jpg

i'd appreciate any comments or critiques.
thanks.

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    The first and last have real appeal. Crop the first in portrait to lose most of the scene to her right. I think it's a better canditate for B&W than the last. The last is very edgy, very fashion. A specular reflection in her eyes (you could try holding a white reflector) would have added some life to her eyes, which are invisible and lack interest. I do like the cropping though. Processing it differently from color could brighten her eyes.

Is she a real model or just a friend?

You should start putting together a book and soliciting agencies, like Planit M, Next, DNA, Ford, etc. They often have new girls who will do TFP or will even PAY you. Your work is coming a long. That way, you get the experience and have an endless supply of people to work with.
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    WOW!! I really love these pictures!
    I don't know what it is, but they definitly 'have it'!
    This model is absolutly beautiful, and very interessting and charismatic.
    She looks so natural!

I love the blurred taxis and the angel of the first picture. Great!
    The colors on the second picture are very good, I wonder how you managed to get them so natural in a place like this. The wholöe picture is perfect!

The last one is my favourite. I love her dreamy expression and how she plays with her hair!

Really, these are the best portrait shots I've seen in a long time. Congratulations!

Regrads,
    Andreas
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Nordic wrote:
    The colors on the second picture are very good, I wonder how you managed to get them so natural in a place like this. The whole picture is perfect!
    first of all andreas: wow, thank you so much for your kind words, it made me feel great about my work. in regard to the colors on the second picture, the color of the original shot was absolutely horrible, but i did work in the LAB workspace and was able to produce a very pleasing, more natural color. here's what the original looked like:
    42319570-M.jpg

and here's the black and white that owen suggested:
    42205461-M.jpg
    edited October 31, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Processing it differently from color could brighten her eyes.
    haha, nope, it couldn't, i tried. the original shot was not very light in the first place, i may go in and lighten her eyes a little, but i doubt i'll have the time to do so.
    Owen wrote:
    Is she a real model or just a friend?
    she's a very fun friend that could be a model. i don't think she wore any makeup for the shoot and she was merely wearing a t-shirt, sweater thingy, and like tight sweatpants (that even have holes in them, which you can see in some pics), yet i still think she's absolutely stunning.

thanks again
  • SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Hello,

My vote for the first, with a crop done to take out the taxis on the right and make it a portrait orientation.

Not sure exactly what it is but that one really grabs me.

Like the third as well.
    edited October 31, 2005
    thanks, i'll possibly try cropping the first one, but i like the current crop.

thank you again.