Options

Dss 95.....

sfausfau Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited January 31, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am struggling to choose (which is unusual for me)

i-wqq8dbn-L.jpg

i-cpTWNHB-L.jpg

i-m6GJ5fc-L.jpg

i-DHxkNgP-L.jpg

i-zmw9SWh-L.jpg

and no it's not Rio but Cochabamba
“Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe”……Anatole France

www.sfauphotographs.com

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited January 29, 2012
    Quick response from someone who still has lots to learn about all of this.... I like the processing / treatment of the sky in #3 and the perspective of #5 because one can see a bit more of the statue. I do like the colors in #1 (and I guess it is the same perspective and perhaps shot as #5) but the contrast feels too heavy to me, blowing out the sky and obscuring the statue a bit too much for my taste.
  • Options
    SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    I agree with sapphire73. In some of the pictures the sky is too blown out. I also like being able to tell it is a statue. #3 is the best to me.
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    Agree with the others - prefer to be able see more of the statue, and sky less blown out. #3 is the best for me. Like the colours in #4, but the statue is too dark and lost in the sky.
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    number three is lovely but I recognize who the statue is so I really like 4 best.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited January 30, 2012
    I just looked this up and see that this statue has very nice features. The "shooting from down low" perspective is very effective but I guess this won't show the face very well unless you pull back a bit more. You are certainly in a great place to get interesting shots! I had heard about the statue in Rio but not this one.
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    Count me in for #3 - best overall balance of colors, sky & statue. Works for the theme, but wish I could see more face like #5. GP
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2012
    thanks for the feedback.... I'll try again and see what I can come up with. (mind you i do like number two?!?)
    “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe”……Anatole France

www.sfauphotographs.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    Hi sfau - I see that you did place this image in the #95 entry gallery; I really like the one you settled on, but I wanted to let you know I cannot see your name or title underneath! GP
  • Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    I really like the entered image too, but should also note that there is none of the required EXIF data.

When saving from your original, do not use 'Save for Web' as it strips the EXIF data.
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    I really like the entered image too, but should also note that there is none of the required EXIF data.

When saving from your original, do not use 'Save for Web' as it strips the EXIF data.

nod.gif or provide a link to the the EXIF info.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2012
    i know...wifi crashed in the hostel i am staying at yesterday

www.sfauphotographs.com
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2012
    How about #5 in B&W? Might rescue the blown out sky.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com