toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    Artful look at a diner
    RAG0130-XL.jpg
    Rags
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    I'm curious as to what the title of the box shot was. Looks like "Turkey" would be appropriate.

The second is again, a very clever shot. thumb.gif I think you might get away with a tad bit tighter crop on the right to eliminate the very thin vertical edge in order to match the left side? Looks to be plenty of room top/bottom in order to maintain ratios.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2012
    Good quip and good see; thanks for the comments
    Rags
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 30, 2012
    The second shot (and the other one you posted using the artwork as a mirror) are the most interesting to me, as they use the artwork as an element in creating a new image. The first one simply records someone else's creation, for better or worse. mwink.gif
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    +1
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    The second shot (and the other one you posted using the artwork as a mirror) are the most interesting to me, as they use the artwork as an element in creating a new image. The first one simply records someone else's creation, for better or worse. mwink.gif

Yup.... just an example of what Curators are willing to display and call art (you gotta wonder...)

In #2 I was experimenting with spot focus. I wanted to see if I could squeeze into the hole without picking up the art & blurring the diner (outside the dof). I got 1 out of 3.

Thanks for looking in and commenting much appreciated
    Rags