Options

Quick printing question

ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
edited November 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I just started using Smugmug and put up a couple of test galleries. I disabled the print a picture option on what I thought was the public gallery. I don't see any way to buy a print of my own when I'm logged in to my gallery. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    ebwest wrote:
    I just started using Smugmug and put up a couple of test galleries. I disabled the print a picture option on what I thought was the public gallery. I don't see any way to buy a print of my own when I'm logged in to my gallery. Am I missing something?

Sure, turn printing "on" in your customize gallery settings. Then you can buy prints.

wave.gif welcome to Smugmug, and dgrin!

Hope this helps,

Andy
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2005
    If I do that, will it also be available to anyone who views the pictures? At this point I want to be able to order pictures but not have that option available to anyone who views them.

Thanks for your quick relpy, I'm switching from Pbase and I'm not used to getting any answers, much less a quick answer.clap.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    ebwest wrote:
    If I do that, will it also be available to anyone who views the pictures? At this point I want to be able to order pictures but not have that option available to anyone who views them.

Thanks for your quick relpy, I'm switching from Pbase and I'm not used to getting any answers, much less a quick answer.clap.gif

Hello again, EB :D

Here's what many do: Go to Customize Gallery> make it private>add a password if you like. Turn printing on, order your prints, and then make the gallery public, take the password away, and turn printing off. It won't affect your print order.

All the best,
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    EB, what's biting you, and what's kindof hidden in Andy's answer, is that most of the settings are for everyone - including you. you can't turn most things off/on for "everyone except me," you get the same thing that everyone else does.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    There is a CSS way around this if you're a power or pro user. Simply put this in your stylesheet html in your cobranding (or alternately you can put it in your theme):

.cartbuttons {display:none;}
    .loggedIn .cartbuttons {display:block;}

Hope that helps.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2005
    Thanks again Andy, and Steven. That's what I kinda figured out my self.

Mike, it'll take me a while before I'm ready to try that. I never was very good at writing with brackets and colons and periods and all those other little thingiesheadscratch.gif .
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    ebwest wrote:
    Thanks again Andy, and Steven. That's what I kinda figured out my self.

Mike, it'll take me a while before I'm ready to try that. I never was very good at writing with brackets and colons and periods and all those other little thingiesheadscratch.gif .
    Can you handle copy and paste? :)
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    HA, that I can handle. I haven't upgraded yet but I'll give it a try when I do.

Thanks again,
    E.B.