Fresher's Meow (56K warning)

luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited October 31, 2005 in People
Hi people,

In a spare couple of minutes I thought I'd share some photos from the strange world of UK universities...

I believe it's a fairly international phenomenon, but during the first week of university, the new entrants are involved in something called 'freshers' week' generally involving somewhat strange events but quite a lot of entertainment.

Having been wandering around with a camera for a while, I tend to get asked to come and take photos and am only too happy to obilige... So without further ado, welcome to the strange world of Downing College during Freshers' Week 2005...

(More photos, and larger versions, available at www.lukechurchphotography.com thoughts, comments, critques are always welcome)

Firstly the welcoming 2nd years:

42226918-M.jpg

Paddock Olympics:

Giant Genga, err yes... Blindfolded... Team building and all that...:

42227085-M.jpg

Cheering from the second years:

42227260-M.jpg

Sumo wrestling anyone?

42227428-M.jpg(Yes, I know I chopped her hand off... Annoying...)

A 'Barbie and Ken' 'ent' (define: ent = party for College people, not the tree like thing from the Lord of the Rings)

42227603-M.jpg

Yes, I am crazy enough to try and take photos without a flash with a small sensor camera in a nightclub... Threw quite a lot of them away, but some worked...

42227885-M.jpg

A Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ent featuring:

A student playing at securty gaurd... I'm tough... Really... And a passing character.

42228997-M.jpg

An umpa lumpa

42228430-M.jpg

And last, but by no means least... Meet the cat... Meow

42228676-M.jpg

And so, at last, the subject of the post makes sense...

I hope that provided some entertainment for y'all (Pronunce in Ken accent) :):

It's all about the strange costumes...

Luke

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Real nice series. I remember when.... Heheh and my oldest is one of those "frosh" as we say here in the states sometimes lol3.gif so I'm hearing some stories from him, too rolleyes1.gif

Real nice skin tones and wonderful photos. clap.gif
  • luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Real nice series. I remember when.... Heheh and my oldest is one of those "frosh" as we say here in the states sometimes lol3.gif so I'm hearing some stories from him, too rolleyes1.gif
    I can believe it :-) Hope he's having fun.
    Real nice skin tones and wonderful photos. clap.gif
    Thanks Andy, and thanks for looking.

Luke