edited January 31, 2012
    Just for Educational Purposes Only
    Lens Model: Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.5 APO HSM Optical Stabilized

Lens Date Code if applicable: Purchased new August 2011

Lens Body Condition: 9.9

Lens Glass Condition: 9.9

Sale Includes: Lens, both caps, case, paperwork and box

Price: $900.00 includes shipping

Payments Accepted: paypal gift (add 3% for regular Paypal payment)

Possible Trades: none

Shipping Available To: conus

Item location: Ohio

Best Contact Method: e-mail: phrozen_fish2002@yahoo.com

Reason for selling:
    I don't use it enough to justify keeping it and have recently gotten into macro. Selling this to fund a dedicated macro lens.

This is just for educational purposes as I would really hate to see anyone permanently loose the ability to use PayPal ... ... ... then again is quite a mystery to me why DGRIN allows anyone to even post an offer this way ... it should be in the flea market TOS that such things will cause your post to be deleted without warning ...

If shipping is included why not the 3% paypal fee???

You do realize that the single bolded line above is going against 2 items of the PayPal terms of service...

1st offense is the asking to be paid as a gift...the gifting is solely for that purpose..sending a gift to someone, also asking to be PAID for Merchandise using the gift option can in fact cause YOU, the seller, and the buyer to loose your PayPal privileges PERMANENTLY and the other reason it is wrong is that if the lens is damaged the buyer has absolutely no recourse.

2nd Offense is the asking for 3% more to use PayPal PROPERLY...It is NOT ok to ask to have added fees for this...IT IS HOWEVER PERFECTLY alright to just add the cost in...So if you would raise your price to $927 OR $930 that would be perfectly acceptable with the PayPal TOS...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    PhrozeN_FisHPhrozeN_FisH Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 31, 2012
    Sorry... I was unaware that it violated Paypal terms. Hopefully, the revised stated terms will be more acceptable to all.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2012
    i had a friend that lost his business due to this happening...he had a very good mail order business on home grown spices and he started out on ebay and someone came in and offered to send him a PayPal gift for a collection of his spices....he left the auction running and did the gift acceptance for an order of 3 of his collections ..very little money around $50 ... he had over 15K in his PayPal account and he lost it all... that is why i do these postings ...and like I said DGRIN will just let it go and not even warn someone that may not have read or really understood the TOS at PayPal....

Good Luck with the Sale...I have a 50-500 and really like for wildlife and such...Sigma makes some really great glass for price also..good luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    DigiScapesDigiScapes Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2012
    This type of selling language is very common outside of eBay. If you don't like the terms the seller set forth, don't buy from him/her. Personally I would just roll all of the fees into the costs of the time. As for losing the business on eBay, that sucks but it was also a blatant violation of eBay's terms. I've been selling on eBay for years and have never violated those terms, however outside eBay it's a different story. You don't have to follow their rules.
    just my 2¢
    Brian -
    Digi-Scapes | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
    Nikon D800 & D850 | Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR II | Nikkor 16-35 f/4 | Nikon TC-20E-III | Nikkor 70-300mm VR | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Nikon 24-120mm f/4G ED VR | Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G